Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping the difference between us and Leicester or Liverpool is that we won't lose any of our key players over the summer. Leicester lost the likes of Kante, Mahrez wanted to leave and wanted to join us, Drinkwater eventually left etc. At Liverpool, Suarez left, Sturridge became a sicknote, Gerrard was on his last legs, Sterling then eventually left.

Hopefully we keep the core group together, many of whom like Saliba, Martinelli and Saka are 21/22 and guys like Odegaard, Jesus and Zinchenko and some others are only on the 24-26 range.

We also obviously need to get our recruitment right in the summer as well of course.
I think you'll keep your best players for a season or two but I'd worry you'll fall into the Tottenham trap of thinking you can't improve on the first team and just buy squad filler. But for me I'm telling the Arsenal fans I know that there is still time for City to screw up and they've all but conceded. It felt like the team did that on Wednesday night.

Compare that to City v United in 2012. City were in a comparable situation to Arsenal. Just an FA Cup win in recent memory and battling it out at the top of the league. City were at home but absolutely needed to win after being well behind United. We killed them that night with our attitude and balls.

Arsenal are top of the league on merit but you lacked the conviction necessary to be yourselves. You're currently top but you've settled for second place with plenty of games left. Fight us man

Yeah, I get that mate. I've actually seen it creep into our play slightly, in big games in particular, I'm thinking at Anfield was the other main example. I think it's partly a pressure thing from our position, but also because at Anfield and the Etihad in particular, we have a real mental block about playing there, and I think suffer from PTSD. It strikes me as desperation almost to get a result, but also frustration at not playing well.

I'm hoping it's something with a bit of team maturity we grow out off, because more than anything, I think it puts us off our own game acting like that to be honest.
Yeah completely agree. You can’t be free flowing if the game is being stopped every two minutes. I watched you rip the dippers a new one in the first half at Anfield so you absolutely have the talent to do it. You have a young team and it will go one of two ways. Either you let the football do the talking or start to act like the other red shirts. Entitled, arrogant and nasty. Arteta has a big role in ensuring it’s the former. Hope he has the character to do it.

No ffs about it. His new team is getting pasted so I'm not expecting him to be high fiving people or looking happy, not that he ever did anyway. He took a slow walk.past the South stand and got lots of applause and some "Once a blue always a blue chants." He just blanked everyone. If he did acknowledge us I must have blinked and missed it.

If you want to know what the mindset of the Arsenal team is like…

Giannis Antetokounmpo (famous NBA player) went viral this week after his side got knocked out of the playoffs early, he gave a long answer about how a season isn’t a failure just because you don’t end up winning the title.

And Gabriel just posted it on his instagram story.

So I think we can say they believe the title is completely gone.

We may stumble with a draw somewhere. Maybe Sunday. But Newcastle is going to thump Arsenal and put the nail in the coffin.

Goes back further. All of Wenger's comments, the racist abuse of adebayor, Clichy, nasri, sanga, viera, the top 4, the league cup wow the list goes on...

All this talk about the invincibles being better than us as well. If we finish on more points than them and they match the invincibles points tally we can put that old chestnut to bed finally
All this rubbish about the invincibles, they cheated Portsmouth out of a win with a blatant dive by Pires who later apologised to Dejan Stefanovich Cheating diver apologises . Arsenal got done in the league cup, FA cup and Europe.

The only invincibles are Preston North End, won top flight without losing a game and the FA cup, during that FA cup run they did not concede a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.