Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that Craig, they hit the post twice and Ramsdale made some good saves. Although we hit the bar and should have scored another 2 or 3 ourselves. I had us down as losing the game as I thought we would get bullied out it, so people need to forgive me if I'm happy that we didn't and gave them a taste of their own medicine in the process.
How old are you? because I can remember a few Arsenal teams over the years who could dish it out, and you weren't exactly shrinking violets at the Etihad a few days back.

Regarding Gabriel Jesus......has he always been such a cheat,or has he gone up a level since he left us?

Some of his antics yesterday,especially the massively exaggerated response to the shoulder barge,where he let out a pathetic loud scream,was fucking embarrassing.

Arteta must genuinely be coaching and encouraging this behaviour,along with time wasting,and whining at the ref at every opportunity,because his team are doing such for the entire 90mins.
They've now got Tom Daley on their coaching team.

...people need to forgive me if I'm happy that we didn't and gave them a taste of their own medicine in the process.
...two wrongs have NEVER made a right mate.

If it was in the same game, fair play, but to say "they did it to us back in January so it's OK for us to do it in May" is just embarrassing. It makes you as bad as them.

If your lot had risen above it and beaten them with your better football for 90mins, which your lot are more than capable of doing, I wouldn't be so harsh.

How old are you? because I can remember a few Arsenal teams over the years who could dish it out, and you weren't exactly shrinking violets at the Etihad a few days back.

Of course, the best teams over the years do tend to have a good bit of physicality. The George Graham teams, the early incarnations of the Wenger teams etc. Then he went away from.thay for some reason, wanted to be a Poundland Barca team with small technical players everywhere, but we'd get bullied out it by stronger, quicker teams.

Look at your current team. A great mix of strength and skill. Stones, Walker, Ake, Dias, Akanji, Rodri, De Bruyne, Haaland. All strong, physical, powerful, but at the same time excellent footballers.

We're a bit better than we used to be with Saliba, Gabriel, White, Partey etc. But theres a reason why we want to sign the likes of Rice on top of that.

...two wrongs have NEVER made a right mate.

If it was in the same game, fair play, but to say "they did it to us back in January so it's OK for us to do it in May" is just embarrassing. It makes you as bad as them.

If your lot had risen above it and beaten them with your better football for 90mins, which your lot are more than capable of doing, I wouldn't be so harsh.

The team in front would have employed those tactics, so it was never going to be Newcastle when we had an early lead. When you look around online there's not much sympathy for Newcastle in that regard.

Years of being too soft, too naive, too wet behind the ears, kicked off the park, not 'playing the game' well enough. Newcastle 1 of the worst for it, ball in least amount of mins in their games, longest by far to take goal kicks etc. We were a victim of it at The Emirates a few months ago, so nice to give a bit back.
You do realise Newcastle play other teams every week, don't you? Or do you think we don't like the ball in play, even though our throw-ins are some of the quickest in the league? We take longer with goal kicks because we defend as a team and get everybody back and therefore we take a little bit longer getting our team from our half and into the oppositions half.

I have no problem with the way that you played yesterday, it's up to the officials to sort out if they see something that shouldn't be happening.

You do realise Newcastle play other teams every week, don't you? Or do you think we don't like the ball in play, even though our throw-ins are some of the quickest in the league? We take longer with goal kicks because we defend as a team and get everybody back and therefore we take a little bit longer getting our team from our half and into the oppositions half.

I have no problem with the way that you played yesterday, it's up to the officials to sort out if they see something that shouldn't be happening.

I don't know mate, you watch your games more than me, I just know other fans haven't been happy with it either.

However, I do agree with you, I wasn't really moaning about it in our home game, it was up to us to be better when the ball was in play, and on the day we weren't.

I suppose its also a compliment to your team, especially at home, and how strong you are, that we felt that was needed it in that game. It's a bit like Anfield, your crowd play a massive part, and if they get involved your team feeds of that energy and can almost smother the opposition with energy.

United, Liverpool fans and all journalists
“Arsenal are worthy champions”
Fans of every other football club in England
“Arsenals constant cheating, play acting, feigning injury, time wasting, haranguing officials, and general bad sportsmanship mean they will make terrible champions”

The defender knew exactly what he was doing when he moved his arm towards the ball. That's the second time in the last 3 or 4 games that we've had a 3 or 4 minute wait for a 'clear and obvious error' to be discovered. I'm struggling to win my argument with my kids that it's poor decision making and not corruption.

That's an argument you will never win. And the more successful you get, the more that will become apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.