Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with the way that you played yesterday, it's up to the officials to sort out if they see something that shouldn't be happening.

You are on a roll today. I hope your kids are telling you that isn't going to happen the more of a threat you become ...

:)

If it hits someone’s leg at that speed before their hand it should never be a pen. I can’t stand VAR but for things like that it’s what it’s there for. Suppose the frustrating thing is still the lack of consistency. Other similar ones haven’t been overturned
Was it Micah that gave away a penalty years ago when it it his leg and bounced off his hand ? Think it was against the rags so no explanation needed

Was it Micah that gave away a penalty years ago when it it his leg and bounced off his hand ? Think it was against the rags so no explanation needed

Think it was against Liverpool mate in the cup. If its the one I'm thinking off.

Never seen a ref give a penalty as quick as that.

Not sure if a penalty or not after watching var.
So the correct decision was made.
Still in our hands.
If you're not sure, how do you come to the conclusion that it was the correct decision? The ref gave it in real time and I think most of us agree it wasn't a clear and obvious error - hence VAR should not have re-refereed it.

Last edited:
No, it's just that we're not biased arse fans!
Never a penalty once the video replay was shown, at least to my eyes. Pretty clearly hits his knee and flies away. Didn't even look like it got a touch on his arm to be honest.

Bit like when Kyle Walker got sent off against Southampton and the ref gave a pen (last season?) IMO. Ref watched a replay and realised he'd dropped a big bollock and reversed his decision.

Pretty clearly hits his knee.
Well, if anything, it hit his thigh not his knee. But I'm still not convinced it didn't hit his arm, because the angles shown were not compelling. It took VAR several minutes to decide it hit his leg, so hardly a clear and obvious error by the ref - a fact that has been pointed out several times already.

United, Liverpool fans and all journalists
“Arsenal are worthy champions”
Fans of every other football club in England
“Arsenals constant cheating, play acting, feigning injury, time wasting, haranguing officials, and general bad sportsmanship mean they will make terrible champions”
Don’t forget their timeouts, Arteta always kicking the ball away when it goes near him to waste time and the way Arteta always runs at an opposition player in his technical area when he’s running up the wing with the ball to put him off.

Never a penalty once the video replay was shown, at least to my eyes. Pretty clearly hits his knee and flies away. Didn't even look like it got a touch on his arm to be honest.

Bit like when Kyle Walker got sent off against Southampton and the ref gave a pen (last season?) IMO. Ref watched a replay and realised he'd dropped a big bollock and reversed his decision.
Never a pen for me either. The ball his his quad which flicked his shorts up to the point where you could see his boxers underneath and then went up in the air because of the angle it came off his leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.