Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting.

giphy.gif

They’ve played above themselves this year, it’s as simple as that, and I expect them to revert to type next season.

They have a small number of genuinely good players who could fit into our squad and consistently operate at our level - two or three players - but their biggest problem is the number of nearly men they have. I’m not talking about whipping boys like Harding either, but rather the large majority of their squad.

Players like White - who has shocking yesterday - Gabriel, Xhaka, Partey, Tierney, and others, simply aren’t good enough to win close games against top opposition when fine margins make the difference.

Arsenal fans are kidding themselves if they think that one or two big signings will be enough to get them over the line, and next season will be a different story for them as expectations will be higher and they’ll start under pressure after the way they’ve fallen off over the past month.
I think the arsenal fans themselves suspect this too. For that reason I don't think Arteta will be in his job this time next season.

Arsenal have been brilliant (bar all the fucking playacting) but in the end too much youth and not much experience cost them dear.

I said early in the year that we weren't chasing a Liverpool side who had Salah, Mane & Firmino banging goals in for fun that we could catch them.

Nobody put Arsenal top 4 at the start let alone be in a title race I think they should still be happy with 2nd place it's a great achievement.

Few decent transfer buys and they could challenge again next year.

Until then :)
Problem as always is following the sh*te that Sky and the rest spout - Arsenal on course to be champions...in f king January!!! Realistically, they should just comment that all teams have a chance until mathematically impossible - but that doesn't sell or get clicks does it. Ridiculous, if we had a media that was any good, had integrity you could have a proper football conversation.

I wouldn’t be so quick to write them off for next season. They’ll strengthen further for sure. They’re clearly a very good side but like last season they haven’t been able to see it out. Like us, they play high risk football and when that goes wrong it can go spectacularly wrong.
Very true, but I also expect the Rags to strengthen, the Geordies could improve a lot, Liverpool surely won't be as bad next year and Chelse under Pochettino should improve... and then there's us... So whilst Arsenal may challenge again next season, I can't help but feel that this year was there one chance.

That's two seasons in a row that you could say that they've bottled their objective. Maybe that's harsh. I do think Arteta acting like a clown on the touchline game in game out does nothing for his team and in fact probably hinders them.

What a narrative the Tarquin loving media have managed to spin.

Gone from bottling it to over achieving and massively improving on last season. Because nobody expected them to go 8 points clear with 9 games to go it isn't bottling it. They've done well to be where they are.

Fuck right off.

And also after Cancelo left for Bayern. It made us more solid as a team.
What a brave move by Pep, Cancelo was excellent for us last season, dipped in form, started whinging a bit + Out ...not many managers are that brave or pragmatic = as Sean Dyche said '' Misery always finds a friend'' never a truer word in Football. I think not enough credit is given to Pep's playing career and experience. He truly understands the thoughts, drives and ambitions of top players. He played for Barcelona 263 times! (I mean what a good player you must be to play for them during his era 263 times!!) played in Italy, Played for pain over 47 times. Not many managers in the premier league carry his playing experience i.e. playing alongside the world's best let alone managing them afterwards. I am sure he delves quite a bit into playing days a fair bit particularly re man management.

Arsenal choked.

My reasoning: I have Arsenal supporting brothers in law, friends and associates.

I just sent a Whatsapp message to a couple of groups along the lines of....

Thinking of the teams that have had a very good season, I have come up with a list of candidates:

City
Villa
Fulham
Bournemouth
Brighton
Newcastle

What do you think?

Now just waiting for the bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.