Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's two seasons in a row that you could say that they've bottled their objective. Maybe that's harsh. I do think Arteta acting like a clown on the touchline game in game out does nothing for his team and in fact probably hinders them.

When you think how emotionally fragile the players seem to be, I'd say that's a good point.

They have a young squad and a young manager.

They will be a year older and a year wiser next season.

I see no reason why they can’t challenge.

I don't think we can be sure they will perform better in the league as next season as they will have CL obligations and having gone trophyless again, I am not sure Gooners will accept limp performance in the domestic cup comps once more.

The feeling I had is that teams were sussing out Arsenal a bit towards the end of the season. They will need to find a few more wrinkles in their tactical approach for next season. Not sure how easy that will be with a young team. They will also have to adjust tactically as they will not be able to press to the same degree next season due to the extra games.

I think they will need to make significant strides, which are not are given, just to standstill in relation to fighting for the league.

I think they'll improve. Arteta will get the money to go and buy the 5-6 players they probably need. But they'll still fail to compete with us. People have worked them out now, and Arteta's only option will be to copy whatever tactics he's seen Pep use. He should have stayed and studied Pep for a bit longer.
I take it that FFP doesn't apply to American owned clubs.

Fuckin Arsenal have made the league boring by bottling it and losing their place in top spot.
It was exciting before yesterday but those cockney chokers have turned it into a one horse race and I hope the press pick up on it and tell everyone just what damage they have done to the Premier League brand, in fact I'm going to write a letter of complaint to sky sports because for the last 4 or 5 months they have bigged these wankers up, massaged their ego, put them on a pedestal, shouted their name from the rooftops and made them THE best team in the league...
And what happened?

They shit the bed.

Thanks you gooners.

Problem as always is following the sh*te that Sky and the rest spout - Arsenal on course to be champions...in f king January!!! Realistically, they should just comment that all teams have a chance until mathematically impossible - but that doesn't sell or get clicks does it. Ridiculous, if we had a media that was any good, had integrity you could have a proper football conversation.
Think this is one area that’s been a major problem for them, they bought into the whole media narrative, they hung their season on Neville & co being correct that we might just slip up against Everton, I even think Mikel did as well, that game ruined em, their players and fans, could they of won the league, sure they could, should they have won it, probably, injuries and playing the same players week in week out caught up with them in the end, don’t forget they signed 3 players in January, were as we lost one, they’ve also outspent every body in the last few seasons, at some stage an fa cup won’t be enough. Pep has rotated our boy’s beautifully this season, the ignorant will say we have the biggest squad blah blah, the knowledgeable will know we have quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.