Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he does 10 years at Arsenal because he won’t win the league, his best chance was last season playing 1 game per wk and having an 8 point lead and he well n truly fucked it.
Yeah. I just reject this talking point entirely. From his current tenure, he will outlast Klopp and Pep given his youth, the dynamic of the league will not always be as it is now.

Yeah. I just reject this talking point entirely. From his current tenure, he will outlast Klopp and Pep given his youth, the dynamic of the league will not always be as it is now.
Then again he might also realize that last season is unlikely to be repeated or bettered. The other challengers to the top 4 Dippers, Rags, Chelsea and Newcastle will all be improved.

Then again he might also realize that last season is unlikely to be repeated or bettered. The other challengers to the top 4 Dippers, Rags, Chelsea and Newcastle will all be improved.
Its true. Arsenal are not allowed to improve. Antony Gordon can take his game to a new level, but Saka is banned from improvement.

The key players at our club, all still in development stage - Saka, Odegaard, Saliba, Martinelli are all barred from improvement.

Everyone else is allowed to improve, except for Arsenal. Because it has to be, to validate this tired line rolled out by the punditry class and the parrots who repeat it. Same lemons who told us last year was our best chance to finish in the top 4.

Last edited:
Arteta needs to prove that he hasn't just copied pep, it certainly looked like he had, but couldn't change anything when thing's started going tits up, I fully expect to see white in the Johnny stones role next season as arteta stays one step behind pep next season, I do think they will battle for top 6/4 next season

Fair play to you for your wide-eyed belief in your team, it is nice to see. Do you think Arteta will stay 10 years if Arsenal remain a team fighting for top 4 and little else more? Assuming they don't live up to this past season's sudden expectations.

I agree though that Arteta would he daft to go to PSG. This year at least. He's got CL, he's going to get silly funds for transfers, lots of good young players and reasonable support, when exclude the masses of fickle entitled typical arsenal moaners. At the same time, this coming season might be the make or break for him, and he probably knows it.

Fair play to you for your wide-eyed belief in your team, it is nice to see. Do you think Arteta will stay 10 years if Arsenal remain a team fighting for top 4 and little else more? Assuming they don't live up to this past season's sudden expectations.

I agree though that Arteta would he daft to go to PSG. This year at least. He's got CL, he's going to get silly funds for transfers, lots of good young players and reasonable support, when exclude the masses of fickle entitled typical arsenal moaners. At the same time, this coming season might be the make or break for him, and he probably knows it.

Its not wide eyed belief. Its rational thought. Ive heard numerous times form City fans on this forum, Odegaard would be the perfect replacement for KDB. Ive heard some City fans mention Saka as a perfect replacement for Mahrez. Saliba is a rolls royce centre half and could cost more than what you would pay for Gvardiol. Martinelli is another rolls royce.

Even if its not in the very short term (this year). Our players and young enough and on long enough contracts to wait out your current cycle. Two years from now, Pep, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo, Walker, Mahrez will be gone, Stones will be 31. Although the big ones are Pep and KDB - replacing these two is nigh on impossible. There is also a dark cloud that looms over you, that could turn into a hurricane in a time the spearhead of your current success has left.

You wont have it your way forever as football has always been cyclical. Man United in the 1990's and early 2000's. Liverpool in the 1980's. Barcelona in the 2010's. Your cycle too has a lifespan.

Your one sentimental Kompany appointment away from sliding down the ladder, just like United did when they got it wrong giving Moyes the job to replace Fergie - and have spent the last 10 years paying for it.

Not trying to wind anyone up, all im saying, is football can be very volatile when key figures leave a football club.

Its not wide eyed belief. Its rational thought. Ive heard numerous times form City fans on this forum, Odegaard would be the perfect replacement for KDB. Ive heard some City fans mention Saka as a perfect replacement for Mahrez. Saliba is a rolls royce centre half and could cost more than what you would pay for Gvardiol. Martinelli is another rolls royce.

Even if its not in the very short term (this year). Our players and young enough and on long enough contracts to wait out your current cycle. Two years from now, Pep, KDB, Gundogan, Bernardo, Walker, Mahrez will be gone, Stones will be 31. Although the big ones are Pep and KDB - replacing these two is nigh on impossible. There is also a dark cloud that looms over you, that could turn into a hurricane in a time the spearhead of your current success has left.

You wont have it your way forever as football has always been cyclical. Man United in the 1990's and early 2000's. Liverpool in the 1980's. Barcelona in the 2010's. Your cycle too has a lifespan.

Your one sentimental Kompany appointment away from sliding down the ladder, just like United did when they got it wrong giving Moyes the job to replace Fergie - and have spent the last 10 years paying for it.

Not trying to wind anyone up, all im saying, is football can be very volatile when key figures leave a football club.

I'm shitting myself now. You keep waiting it out bud.

Talk about missing the point though! Sorry I wasted my time on you.

I think you need to change your name cuz you ain't humble! The way fans of the old top 4 talk about their teams stinks of entitlement

Apparently PSG have held talks with Arteta.

That would be hilarious.

When you look into the article it says PSG approached him a couple of weeks back and he knocked them back.

No manager is leaving a top 6 club in England to go to PSG, especially with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe all leaving.

That's not arrogance at Arteta or Arsenal, it's just PSG and the French league doesn't have that pull to take managers away from the top clubs in England.

It's difficult to say if he'd last 10 years just fighting for top 4. Obviously what Humbled is trying to say (in his rather brash way) is that it's clear with our strategy we are trying to build a strong young team that will peak in the next couple of years, hopefully that coincides with the likes of Pep and Klopp leaving and we can be in position to take advantage IF there is any regression. However, you could appoint someone else and not miss a beat.

Our only hope is you regress somehow, either through player transition or manager transition or both, as I think it's really feckin hard to have 90+ point seasons, never mind do it multiple times like you have. That's where English football is at now, hoping Pep leaves to give the rest of us a bit of a chance. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.