Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookies don’t decide…punters do…bookies just reflect the weight of money on each team
I'm fairly sure the bookie sets the fixed price, or starting price based on various stats. The amount wagered on other outcomes will then determine how that price then fluctuates.

City opened the season around 1/2 to win the league. Obviously that is largely due to us winning 4 of the last 5 leagues, and that there wasn't much in terms of competition this season.

The reality is that Arsenal are flying, so there will have been a lot of recent money on Arsenal, and the money on City has probably slowed down. Odds are now 4/5 City and 11/8 Arsenal.

The starting price isn't determined by the punters, but once the market opens the punters drive the price either way, but this is ultimately driven by results on the pitch.

Bookies don’t decide…punters do…bookies just reflect the weight of money on each team

Not necessarily. Betfair exchange pretty much dictates all fixed odds markets these days. Which in one way backs up what you’re saying. But so much money on Betfair is actually bets laid by big hitters and bookmakers themselves turning all options green, that it’s not that straightforward a conclusion.

Fucking hell you don't want much from a manager almost shown the door a year ago and a squad that finished 6th? Yes 6th!! And couldn't even get to a shitty UEFA final?
You have Pep to thank for what Arteta knows about the game.
God I hope we pip these jealous bitter letter writing hate filled self entitled twats with a deflection of Haalands arse in the dying seconds on the last day!!
Nothing personal mate;)
I think Arteta ‘almost got the sack’ in the media only. Don’t think the board ever considered dropping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.