Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Top of the league and we haven't really started firing yet. Plus I think other teams underestimate us - City fans seem to think Dippers are their main rivals yet I can't see any way Liverpool finish any less than 7 points behind us so I reckon that's historical conditioning on the part of City fans where they have been used to having Liverpool as their main challengers for a while. City still the main side to beat for Arsenal, I can't see any of the other sides getting Top 2 outside of Arsenal and Man City
You were shite.

Top of the league and we haven't really started firing yet. Plus I think other teams underestimate us - City fans seem to think Dippers are their main rivals yet I can't see any way Liverpool finish any less than 7 points behind us so I reckon that's historical conditioning on the part of City fans where they have been used to having Liverpool as their main challengers for a while. City still the main side to beat for Arsenal, I can't see any of the other sides getting Top 2 outside of Arsenal and Man City
Why the assumption you will start firing? Or is it just blind hope? You might have a hot streak at some point but for me this is Arsenal's level. There's half a dozen games you could have been looking at different results. Credit where it's due for pulling them out of the bag but it's not sustainable and will catch you out enough times over the season.

Then look at city, notoriously slow starters. Today we had 5 midfield options unavailable to us. We went to arsenal with similar problems. The best midfielder on the planet has barely kicked a ball for us, there's a multitude of reasons to believe city will start firing come the turn of the year.

Most city fans believe the dippers to be our biggest threat because they have a higher ceiling than arsenal. They've got their own weaknesses and it could fall apart for them like last season(let's hope) but crucially, they don't have the mental fragility arsenal possess.

It's embedded into your club, a manager whose head explodes at every opportunity, players who follow suit and haven't done it before and a fanbase that swing from monumental positive overreaction to monumental negative overreaction on a weekly basis.

Why the assumption you will start firing? Or is it just blind hope? You might have a hot streak at some point but for me this is Arsenal's level. There's half a dozen games you could have been looking at different results. Credit where it's due for pulling them out of the bag but it's not sustainable and will catch you out enough times over the season.

Then look at city, notoriously slow starters. Today we had 5 midfield options unavailable to us. We went to arsenal with similar problems. The best midfielder on the planet has barely kicked a ball for us, there's a multitude of reasons to believe city will start firing come the turn of the year.

Most city fans believe the dippers to be our biggest threat because they have a higher ceiling than arsenal. They've got their own weaknesses and it could fall apart for them like last season(let's hope) but crucially, they don't have the mental fragility arsenal possess.

It's embedded into your club, a manager whose head explodes at every opportunity, players who follow suit and haven't done it before and a fanbase that swing from monumental positive overreaction to monumental negative overreaction on a weekly basis.
They never learn.

Top of the league but you havent visited any of the top teams apart from Newcastle where you lost. Come back after you've gone to Anfield in a couplfe of weeks. I actually hope you beat the fuckers, but I doubt you will.

And there lies the reason he was sold without any real fuss. Didn’t haggle with them, accepted the first fee and moved on (compare to Bernie).

He’s a winger and he wouldn’t be anywhere near first choice winger at our club. Love the guy but he doesn’t particularly excel in any single area IMO.

Shame Arsenal have realised so quickly, they’ll probably get a prolific striker next season.

I think you're underrating his contribution. I realise he didn't play as a false 9 for you but at his best there he's typically the best player on the pitch when he plays there. He's 1 of the best dribblers in the game and 1 of the best defensive pressers on the pitch. I can't think of any obvious signing to bench Jesus as our false 9. If he creates or stretches the play to let someone else score it's as good as him scoring himself. If we had a clinical striker who was worse in build up we might be a much worse team. Just look at how many more points we got going from Aubameyang and Lacazette to Jesus

I don't know how any of the top teams finish this season. I'd lean to City doing 4 in a row.

But Arsenal were a better offensive side last season. So there's the chance we get back to that level. Bear in mind Jesus, Martinelli and Saka haven't played together that often and Odegaard has been injured too. There's the chance our players spot Havertz runs better, like Saka did yesterday. Before today no one was picking his runs that he was making.

In terms of clear improvements Rice is a big improvement to our defensive solidarity. Raya is a much safer set of hands and feet than Ramsdale, who let us down in the run in a few times.

You're absolutely correct we haven't been tested much on the road against the big teams. Those tests will come.

I don't know how any of the top teams finish this season. I'd lean to City doing 4 in a row.

But Arsenal were a better offensive side last season. So there's the chance we get back to that level. Bear in mind Jesus, Martinelli and Saka haven't played together that often and Odegaard has been injured too. There's the chance our players spot Havertz runs better, like Saka did yesterday. Before today no one was picking his runs that he was making.

In terms of clear improvements Rice is a big improvement to our defensive solidarity. Raya is a much safer set of hands and feet than Ramsdale, who let us down in the run in a few times.

You're absolutely correct we haven't been tested much on the road against the big teams. Those tests will come.
Raya will be in the same position Ramsdale was in last season. Not used to a title run in. Nervy. He’s not exactly been a MASSIVE upgrade on Ramsdale to be quite honest.

When u collapse again you could write to the Premier league and complain its not fair.
You should be top your one of the greatest teams ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.