Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Raya will be in the same position Ramsdale was in last season. Not used to a title run in. Nervy. He’s not exactly been a MASSIVE upgrade on Ramsdale to be quite honest.

Raya is much better with his feet though, which is essential to the modern game. Ramsdale was an absolute calamity yesterday and nearly gifted Brentford a goal. At times he was the same in the run in. He seemed to have regressed last season in his passing out from the back.

I also don't believe last year's drop off in form was about 'run in pressure', but the massive downgrade from Saliba to Rob Holding. We also had a very leaky defense and ended up conceeding 43 goals. Which isn't a recipe for a title win

Don't get me wrong though the main upgrade is Declan Rice and also Timber was a big upgrade before he did his ACL in.

Ramsdale was a disaster because captain black has blown his confidence to pieces by being a smart arse. When he brings in his next keeper to challenge Raya when Ramsdale leaves then the same will happen to Raya.
On the start Arsenal have made to this season and your title chances, have you not learnt anything from last year? Arteta doesn’t seem to have learnt or your fan base. Your arse will fall out again. Maybe we should call you “nal” in the future.

I think you're underrating his contribution. I realise he didn't play as a false 9 for you but at his best there he's typically the best player on the pitch when he plays there. He's 1 of the best dribblers in the game and 1 of the best defensive pressers on the pitch. I can't think of any obvious signing to bench Jesus as our false 9. If he creates or stretches the play to let someone else score it's as good as him scoring himself. If we had a clinical striker who was worse in build up we might be a much worse team. Just look at how many more points we got going from Aubameyang and Lacazette to Jesus

I know he’s a good player. I watched him here for 6/7 years before he joined you so I know what he can contribute. There’s just a reason he wasn’t relied upon by us even when Aguero was out (we won the title 20/21 using the false 9 instead!) and was instead used as a winger in games we needed opposition wingers doubled up on.

But at the end of the day, he’s your number 9. And was signed as the striker to propel you. And he hasn’t provided that goal return that was expected.

Your number 9 shouldn’t be coming out saying goalscoring isn’t his strength. Absolute madness. IMO anyway.

I know he’s a good player. I watched him here for 6/7 years before he joined you so I know what he can contribute. There’s just a reason he wasn’t relied upon by us even when Aguero was out (we won the title 20/21 using the false 9 instead!) and was instead used as a winger in games we needed opposition wingers doubled up on.

But at the end of the day, he’s your number 9. And was signed as the striker to propel you. And he hasn’t provided that goal return that was expected.

Your number 9 shouldn’t be coming out saying goalscoring isn’t his strength. Absolute madness. IMO anyway.
I said that about him for years and got battered , will smash sergios record said most of them , lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.