Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Arsenal are at the Pep “second third season with us” stage. Squad is almost complete. Players know their role and finally things are clicking.

But I feel that our peak has always been the highest the country has ever seen in the PL era. The Kloop Mane Firmino team’s peak gave us a fair fight but we had a certain edge against them too.

Arsenal is not yet at their city or Liverpool peak. But the bad part is neither are we.
This version is city is close to the current version of Klopp and Arteta team.
The quality of the team has clearly diminished. Mahrez and Gundo are a miss.
Rice took arsenal to the next level. Our transfer window took us down a level.

We can always go to one of those 15 games winning streak but I ask this
How confident are we on this team doing that then we were the previous seasons ?
Those long winning streaks seem a distant memory now. We've become a bit casual. In recent seasons those games against Chelsea, pool and spuds would have been victories. A ruthless team needs to return.

Not really dubious. The ref indicated 6 mins injury time. 2 mins into it a Luton player was faffing around at a throw in wasting time and the ref was pointing to his watch to indicate he would add that time on. Arsenal scored after 96 mins and 22 seconds.

That Luton player basically gave them the extra time.
However, they get obscene amounts added on when losing compared with say, us, when we’re looking for a goal come 90th minute.

Back at the end of September (either this season or last), they’d wracked up almost 60 minutes of injury time when not in a winning position compared with about 15 when they were. Either way, that trend continues.

Last edited:
However, they get obscene amounts added on when losing compared with say, us, when we’re looking for a goal come 90th minute.

Back at the end of September (either this season or last), they’d wracked up almost 60 minutes of injury time when looking not in a winning position compared with about 15 when they were. Either way, that trend continues.
Fucking bent
Add on 30 seconds for a throw in delayed 10 or 15?
I call bent
We would never get that
The cunts are desperate to topple us

Fucking bent
Add on 30 seconds for a throw in delayed 10 or 15?
I call bent
We would never get that
The cunts are desperate to topple us
I've said it before, the last thing they want is a team winning it four times in a row. Scudamore said it himself when he was still in charge. "A new name on the trophy every 6 years." Arsenal and Liverpool wouldn't be new names, but they'd be preferable to us winning it again in the eyes of those running the game.

Back at the end of September (either this season or last), they’d wracked up almost 60 minutes of injury time when not in a winning position compared with about 15 when they were. Either way, that trend continues.
Well if we look at last night, before Rice's winner there were 3 goals in the 2nd half. Luton made 5 subs, Arsenal made 2. That all equates to time added on. Let's assume 30 seconds per sub and 30 seconds per goal, so there's 5 minutes there. Saka spent most of the 2nd half rolling around with imaginary injuries so adding just 1 minute there gets to 6 mins added on.

Probably the ref could have added more.

Arsenal are at the Pep “second third season with us” stage. Squad is almost complete. Players know their role and finally things are clicking.

But I feel that our peak has always been the highest the country has ever seen in the PL era. The Kloop Mane Firmino team’s peak gave us a fair fight but we had a certain edge against them too.

Arsenal is not yet at their city or Liverpool peak. But the bad part is neither are we.
This version is city is close to the current version of Klopp and Arteta team.
The quality of the team has clearly diminished. Mahrez and Gundo are a miss.
Rice took arsenal to the next level. Our transfer window took us down a level.

We can always go to one of those 15 games winning streak but I ask this
How confident are we on this team doing that then we were the previous seasons ?
Arsenal have topped up on squad, like everyone had a slower start to last season. They will push on with a similar title push... I expect a few changes at the end.
Liverpool did the same with last years big buy flops getting better and this seasons great buys adding to their pick up momentum. They are contenders and in the running, should bow out of Europa if smart,imho.
We have started really slow, most players off form from last year
We relied on the second half of the season to change gears and pressure Arsenal into folding. We got the expected CL champions hangover, but we still are in 1st gear. After xmas things will start to change for everyone. We got to focus on ourselves and NOT be hard on our team.

I seen fixtures for us and said nov/dec and april will be our danger areas. Time for plenty of more turns this time round still a 3 horse race.
I think there are a good few horses in this years race.
Not sure who will last the pace but the top teams are closely grouped.

What is needed is a good few draws when our rivals play each other.

I think there are a good few horses in this years race.
Not sure who will last the pace but the top teams are closely grouped.

What is needed is a good few draws when our rivals play each other.
As i posted before, the chasers in the race... Spurs, Toon amd whoever else will do their best to throw a spanner in the works for any of the contenders. That's why i reckon the top will change a few times again.... In the run in.

We need to step up and change gears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.