Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

I think arteta has improved them again or they are at least gaining maturity and experience as a side. Yesterday's tactics were in a sense shit housery, but also pretty pragmatic based upon both sides records at the Etihad.
They miss an in form fit Partey - Rice is a shadow of him in my opinion - big loss is Partey

You looked toothless in the last 3rd because of the defensive work Arsenal's defence and midfield was putting in. If Arsenal had tried to attack more you wouldn't have been toothless in attack as it would have taken Rice out further forward. Also Jesus and Saka were doubling as wing backs for much of the game.

Appreciate it was boring but Arsenal have scored more goals than anyone else so it isn't how we usually play, it's more a sign of respect for understanding City's capabilities.
You parked the fucking bus , small team mentality , hope you crash and burn every season starting with last season

Arsenal players when touched yesterday. How many miracles did we see? I think Gabriel actually died twice before getting up and sprinting off.

Spot-on. I remember Leicester coming to the Etihad and taking us apart on their way to the title. Yesterday was a great opportunity for Arsenal to show the world they could be worthy title winners. They chose to waste time from the first minute, feign injury, and try to kick us off the pitch. They were like a lower league side. It pains me to say it but Liverpool will be much more worthy winners of the title this season and, after yesterday, I think they are certainly favourites. Time will tell but my gut feeling is that Arsenal blew their chance to win the title yesterday against a weary City team with lots of injuries, because they played with fear.

Dealing with a pre Pep City is a different animal than dealing with a Pep’s City, do we all not agree with that?

Look at the stats from this brave Liverpool teams performance at City in November. 2 extra shots compared to Arsenal, only 1 of them on target. City had higher xG, Liverpool had similar to Arsenal depending on which site you use.

So for all the extra 10% possession or whatever Liverpool had over Arsenal, they didn’t do much with it. And with them being behind from the 24th minute for an hour, you’d expect them to have to go for it more.

In fact, have Brave, This Means More, Rock n Roll Football Liverpool won at The Etihad vs Pep?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.