Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Honestly mate I disagree with that. You had more possession but didn't do anything with it. Our defence is leagues ahead of what it was last year as is our tactical awareness. Sure it wasn't pretty yesterday but over the season we've scored more goals and conceded fewer than anyone else.

You could have played another 90 mins yesterday and wouldn't have scored - we may have.

Agree re the international break though, City were very unlucky and Stones in particular is a massive miss.
I disagree we missed two of the easiest chances ever from 3 and 2 yards respectively! you would have been soundly beaten aside from the fked up finishes - against a much weaker side - I was very disappointed in Arsenal, couldn't string two passes yesterday but fair play got a 0:0

The performance yesterday of your side was shocking, no title for 20 years, the dippers winning before a ball was kicked and you were happy to take a point of us with most of our players running on fumes after half time.

If I was you I would be steaming into Arteta, what the hell was he thinking in terms of tactics?

Titles are won by brave teams, taking games by the scruff of the neck, yesterday I watched a team happy for a point, producing a performance that showed why you have not won a title for TWO DECADES
Spot-on. I remember Leicester coming to the Etihad and taking us apart on their way to the title. Yesterday was a great opportunity for Arsenal to show the world they could be worthy title winners. They chose to waste time from the first minute, feign injury, and try to kick us off the pitch. They were like a lower league side. It pains me to say it but Liverpool will be much more worthy winners of the title this season and, after yesterday, I think they are certainly favourites. Time will tell but my gut feeling is that Arsenal blew their chance to win the title yesterday against a weary City team with lots of injuries, because they played with fear.

Never ever thought I would say this but after the gooners bottle job, lack of ambition, small team mentality, ( did Rice play ? ). If City dont win the league than hopefully it will be the dippers. There I said it, i feel unwell saying it. But at least dipperpool try to win every game and i admire that.
Arsenal stunk the place out with there time waste from kick off. How their keeper wasnt booked in the first half and how only 2 minutes add on is bizarre.

Small mind fans and club . PS you can shove your fucking letter up your arse.

Never ever thought I would say this but after the gooners bottle job, lack of ambition, small team mentality, ( did Rice play ? ). If City dont win the league than hopefully it will be the dippers. There I said it, i feel unwell saying it. But at least dipperpool try to win every game and i admire that.
Arsenal stunk the place out with there time waste from kick off. How their keeper wasnt booked in the first half and how only 2 minutes add on is bizarre.

Small mind fans and club . PS you can shove your fucking letter up your arse.
Dippers? Never, ever.

They celebrated dropping two points and being 3 points behind Liverpool. Great mentality. Yesterdays draw probably cost Arsenak and us the title. But Arsenal celebrated it. Lol!
Our players looked gutted and theirs celebrated. Totally ridculous considering a draw was a bad result for both sides.

Considering we had a patched up defence and looked toothless in the final third, Arsenal missed a real opportunity yesterday imo. I think if we had Stones and Walker in the team we would have won.

I read somewhere that Liverpool have never won 6 on the trot.
They won 5 in a row earlier this season then drew 2. They then won 4 in a row then lost at Arsenal. So they aren't winning 9 in a row unless they go against recent stats.

City and Arsenal have both won 8 in a row this season.

Considering we had a patched up defence and looked toothless in the final third, Arsenal missed a real opportunity yesterday imo. I think if we had Stones and Walker in the team we would have won.
You looked toothless in the last 3rd because of the defensive work Arsenal's defence and midfield was putting in. If Arsenal had tried to attack more you wouldn't have been toothless in attack as it would have taken Rice out further forward. Also Jesus and Saka were doubling as wing backs for much of the game.

Appreciate it was boring but Arsenal have scored more goals than anyone else so it isn't how we usually play, it's more a sign of respect for understanding City's capabilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.