Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

It was a better result for them though. just saying. Awful game yesterday and I hope we are not faced with two more at the start of May.
I thought we looked jaded. Perhaps just a culmination of last year's efforts, too many international matches, so many injuries. This was always going to be a tough season. I think Pep won't say it publically but he will put his main efforts into winning the CL again plus the FA Cup. I would be delighted with success in those two cups. On yesterday's performance compared to the Anfield match I would say Liverpool are a much better team than Arsenal with a much better manager. Neither team looked like Champions yesterday.

You looked toothless in the last 3rd because of the defensive work Arsenal's defence and midfield was putting in. If Arsenal had tried to attack more you wouldn't have been toothless in attack as it would have taken Rice out further forward. Also Jesus and Saka were doubling as wing backs for much of the game.

Appreciate it was boring but Arsenal have scored more goals than anyone else so it isn't how we usually play, it's more a sign of respect for understanding City's capabilities.

Disagree with your last paragraph yes you have been scoring for fun. You came up against a weakened rival with a reserve keeper, a backline of centre backs, than one of them was injured and we brought on academy kid.

Yet you shit the bed after about the first 10 minutes and didnt fancy you chances against this defence. Reall title contender would have thought that's go for it and put City out of the race and us top of the league.
You for some bizarre reason thought park the bus and get a point was a good result against a weakened rival

Disagree with your last paragraph yes you have been scoring for fun. You came up against a weakened rival with a reserve keeper, a backline of centre backs, than one of them was injured and we brought on academy kid.

Yet you shit the bed after about the first 10 minutes and didnt fancy you chances against this defence. Reall title contender would have thought that's go for it and put City out of the race and us top of the league.
You for some bizarre reason thought park the bus and get a point was a good result against a weakened rival
If Arsenal came out and went on the win and we nicked a goal Arteta would have been slaughtered. He probably played it right. They've taken 4 points from us this season - definite progress from the shit show last season.

Maybe but your replacements did really well I thought, particularly Gvardiol.

We'll see at the end of the season. Might be our best point - this is the Treble winners and World Champs at their own stadium. We attacked the Dippers, we obviously felt City would be more difficult and played accordingly. I'd said before the match I'd be over the moon with a point and felt we'd get beaten narrowly.

We'll see at the end of the season. Might be our best point - this is the Treble winners and World Champs at their own stadium. We attacked the Dippers, we obviously felt City would be more difficult and played accordingly. I'd said before the match I'd be over the moon with a point and felt we'd get beaten narrowly.

I'm going to say it, you did well last night because the alternative could have meant not playing with 10 men back and getting mullered, at least Captain Black had the wherewithal and foresight to effectively block us and prevent 2 clubs having a gap at the top instead of one.

Arsenal showed no ambition today and bottled it for me.. If they had any serious ambition to win the league, they should have attacked us …
but pretty limited really About 22% of the player Rodri is for e.g.
And got beat :-)
They wouldn't have got beaten by a much weakened City side yesterday. Martinelli on when Ake got injured early - big mistake from Arteta. I don't agree that Arsenal are much better this year - a lot of times they can't keep the ball. Partey is a better footballer than Rice as well. I think he is a hard worker Rice but is about 22% of the player Rodri is for e.g. A fit Partey = better Arsenal side

Im still amazed that Arsenal struggled to keep the ball against our side yesterday - Grealish looks lost, Foden Knackered - huge holes - the 8 - 9 players we have lost recently have been replaced by much weaker players..Mahrez is a good example. You may do it but Liverpool definitely appear more committed - should have gone for it yesterday but somehow with only 22% and some terrible missed chances by City (sitters as well you got away with one. Not the stuff of quality champions but it may be enough..sad that all three teams at the top are pretty average this season

We'll see at the end of the season. Might be our best point - this is the Treble winners and World Champs at their own stadium. We attacked the Dippers, we obviously felt City would be more difficult and played accordingly. I'd said before the match I'd be over the moon with a point and felt we'd get beaten nar

Bang on. Getting a point here is a good point and Arteta will tell the team they should now win every game to the end of the season.
Spurs away hmmmmm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.