Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

The charges won’t be buried because it’s in everyone’s interest, they will be buried because we’re innocent.
If it was in everyone’s interest it wouldn’t have got this far. We all know who are behind it.

Last years FA Cup game at our spot put me off these deluded fucks for life.
They were already celebrating the league win then.

Fanbase is getting close to the Dippers and Rags for me.

Ok so I've steered away from the 115 on this forum for obvious reasons, but seeing as you've brought it up..... Bringing up the charges by opposing fans is inevitable regardless of guilt or not. Same reason Partey kept getting booed despite charges dropped.

Re the 115 charges I can tell you with 100% certainty that whatever happened did so with full awareness of the PL, with the assumption that it was all compliant and above board. If in retrospect someone doesn't like how that panned out it's a case of the horse has already bolted but understand clearly that it was in the PL's interest to have a new superclub in the top flight that helps the PL get ahead of Laliga/Serie A etc in overseas revenues. So tacit acceptance went on. It's in everyone's interest right?

However people are sneaky fucks and will bury others to get ahead in life, what will end up happening is some kind of denial and in the end an agreement to pay a fine and maybe token points deduction will take place. You aren't going to be a league 2 team anytime soon.

The reason I personally don't care too much about the 115 is that every single leading PL club has sailed close to the wind on finances in recent history and the last thing anyone wants to do is open Pandora's Box and delve into the finances of Chelsea, Rags, Arsenal, Newcastle etc going back 20 years.

So I expect it to be buried because it's in everyone's interests to do so, particularly the clubs of those very fans who chant about the 115!

Well I've not seen that take before.

The PL have accused us of what amounts to fraud. They weren't complicit because they weren't aware of the alleged payments - direct from our owner.

The FFP regulations were brought in to stop clubs like City from challenging those who already had substantial revenue thanks to their historic success and status. The PL didn't want another challenger, they were more than happy with the rags, dippers and arsenal winning and Chelsea were at the top table too by then and they didn't have a problem. They were there to stifle us not help us.

Every team plays accounting tricks, long contracts, amortisation etc. They're trying to stamp down on those things, but that's all legal. What we're accused of is illegal.

It comes from the hacked emails where on face value it appears that the club are trying to figure out how to balance the books and where money has to come from. The reference to HRH was wrongly assumed to be our owner. UEFA punished us, we appealed to CAS and we won. The fine for non-cooperation was not guilt. It was because we didn't provide UEFA with information they requested, because previously sensitive information sent to them ended up with the NY Times. CAS acknowledged concerns over this, but had to fine us as it's a matter of procedure.

The PL were then pressured to do something and finally took the plunge when the threat of an independent commission was looming - note when the charges were brought!

We will not accept a points deduction or fine because that would be admitting we've fraudulently accounted for our transactions which simply isn't the case.

Another key point, and apologies for the lengthy reply, is that the season in which the hacked emails are taken from was one where our submitted accounts failed UEFA's FFP regulations anyway. And we took our punishment. So we did a shit job if we were trying to cook the books!

Well I've not seen that take before.

The PL have accused us of what amounts to fraud. They weren't complicit because they weren't aware of the alleged payments - direct from our owner.

The FFP regulations were brought in to stop clubs like City from challenging those who already had substantial revenue thanks to their historic success and status. The PL didn't want another challenger, they were more than happy with the rags, dippers and arsenal winning and Chelsea were at the top table too by then and they didn't have a problem. They were there to stifle us not help us.

Every team plays accounting tricks, long contracts, amortisation etc. They're trying to stamp down on those things, but that's all legal. What we're accused of is illegal.

It comes from the hacked emails where on face value it appears that the club are trying to figure out how to balance the books and where money has to come from. The reference to HRH was wrongly assumed to be our owner. UEFA punished us, we appealed to CAS and we won. The fine for non-cooperation was not guilt. It was because we didn't provide UEFA with information they requested, because previously sensitive information sent to them ended up with the NY Times. CAS acknowledged concerns over this, but had to fine us as it's a matter of procedure.

The PL were then pressured to do something and finally took the plunge when the threat of an independent commission was looming - note when the charges were brought!

We will not accept a points deduction or fine because that would be admitting we've fraudulently accounted for our transactions which simply isn't the case.

Another key point, and apologies for the lengthy reply, is that the season in which the hacked emails are taken from was one where our submitted accounts failed UEFA's FFP regulations anyway. And we took our punishment. So we did a shit job if we were trying to cook the books!
The point I'm trying to make is you can't get away with what City are accused of doing without the PL being complicit (or aware) or just being incredibly stupid. The latter is highly unlikely and there will be email chains to prove the latter but sometimes in the interests of wrapping things up a 'behind the scenes' deal is done to bury it.

City won't have done anything the other big PL clubs haven't done before. It's not like you've been buying off referees like Juventus did.

The point I'm trying to make is you can't get away with what City are accused of doing without the PL being complicit (or aware) or just being incredibly stupid. The latter is highly unlikely and there will be email chains to prove the latter but sometimes in the interests of wrapping things up a 'behind the scenes' deal is done to bury it.

City won't have done anything the other big PL clubs haven't done before. It's not like you've been buying off referees like Juventus did.

That's not a point though. City haven't gotten away with anything firstly. We've had 115 charges for breaches of PL rules. The critical charges are evidence that the PL weren't complicit, aware or stupid - they're accusing us of fraud. The money in our audited accounts from sponsors didn't come from them, and was actually money directly from our owner. For us to have done that, and reported it in a different way is a criminal offence and would mean that club execs hid the truth from auditors and have falsified our financial reporting and accounts.

This isn't us just playing a few financial dark arts, by giving long contracts like Chelsea or writing off costs in one year to help in another. This is full scale fraud. It's a criminal offence. And if proven it should end up with people behind bars.

Ok so I've steered away from the 115 on this forum for obvious reasons, but seeing as you've brought it up..... Bringing up the charges by opposing fans is inevitable regardless of guilt or not. Same reason Partey kept getting booed despite charges dropped.

Re the 115 charges I can tell you with 100% certainty that whatever happened did so with full awareness of the PL, with the assumption that it was all compliant and above board. If in retrospect someone doesn't like how that panned out it's a case of the horse has already bolted but understand clearly that it was in the PL's interest to have a new superclub in the top flight that helps the PL get ahead of Laliga/Serie A etc in overseas revenues. So tacit acceptance went on. It's in everyone's interest right?

However people are sneaky fucks and will bury others to get ahead in life, what will end up happening is some kind of denial and in the end an agreement to pay a fine and maybe token points deduction will take place. You aren't going to be a league 2 team anytime soon.

The reason I personally don't care too much about the 115 is that every single leading PL club has sailed close to the wind on finances in recent history and the last thing anyone wants to do is open Pandora's Box and delve into the finances of Chelsea, Rags, Arsenal, Newcastle etc going back 20 years.

So I expect it to be buried because it's in everyone's interests to do so, particularly the clubs of those very fans who chant about the 115!
It wont be "buried", we are fighting to prove our innocence , the pl have taken on the wrong club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.