Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

As a Gooner I'll say what the fuck's Arteta on about?

The only stats that truly matter are the ones on the right hand side of the table that show how many points a team got. The rest is just fluff.
The scourge of 'expected goals' twinned with 'expected points,' I suspect. The problem with expected goals though is that the best players over perform their expected goals. That's kinda what makes them the best players.

The scourge of 'expected goals' twinned with 'expected points,' I suspect. The problem with expected goals though is that the best players over perform their expected goals. That's kinda what makes them the best players.
I’ve read the explanations of what a great aid XG is, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s still a load of bollocks.

I’ve read the explanations of what a great aid XG is, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s still a load of bollocks.
Maybe we can add the 'XG Cup' to the Community Shield and 'Top at Christmas trophy' as honours we won last season.

In all seriousness we need to win something next year. Madrid are sniffing around Saliba and whilst we have our best players tied down on long deals, if we don't win anything they'll naturally want to go to clubs where they can win medals so next season is do or die I reckon. We can do it, won't be easy but we've got to win something.

Not sure how many times I have to repeat this but we'd have lost if we'd gone toe to toe and 4 points against City is a great outcome.

We lost it in other games and City were a winning machine in the run-in. You can't look at just 1 game and say that was the decider. If we'd beaten Villa. If we'd not lost to West Ham and Fulham. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

City could say the same with some of your dropped points. All the variables net out at the end and the right team wins it in the end. So we go again.
Put the stats league winners on your honours list.
Pathetic.

Not sure how many times I have to repeat this but we'd have lost if we'd gone toe to toe and 4 points against City is a great outcome.

We lost it in other games and City were a winning machine in the run-in. You can't look at just 1 game and say that was the decider. If we'd beaten Villa. If we'd not lost to West Ham and Fulham. Woulda, shoulda, coulda.

City could say the same with some of your dropped points. All the variables net out at the end and the right team wins it in the end. So we go again.

If you can’t go toe to toe then you can’t be the best team and champions of England.

I know everyone here is absolutely desperate to know the transfer business of Arsenal (or not) so I thought I'd provide an update for those of you struggling to get off to sleep.

All the talk of needing a new striker and we've signed Raya permanently for £27m and are closing in on the signing of the Italian Left Back Riccardo Calafiori from Bologna for around £45m. Seems like Jacub Kivior will be off to Juventus.

Apparently we've pulled out of dealings with Napoli for Osimhen as the money is too rich (and their president is proving to be a cnut to deal with in the Levy mould), still exploring Gyokeres from Sporting Lisbon for around £75m. Also trying to do a deal with PSV for Johan Bakayoko for around £40m or so.

I guess the main business may be done with teams still at the Euros so after the tournament. Talks of Jules Kounde of France as an option. Joshua Kimmich of Bayern will apparently either stay at Bayern or go to Madrid, Barca, Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. I'd guess that means Bayern, City or Madrid as someone like that is going to want to go somewhere that guarantees trophies and whilst we can now compete financially with the big boys, I reckon a Community Shield trophy isn't going to swing it for a player of his stature.

Some talk of trying to get Nico Williams, the Spain player but I'd imagine there will be a queue for him and he apparently prefers a move to Barca.

Seems like Emile Smith Rowe and Eddie Nketieh may be off to Fulham who have just sold Paulinha to Bayern.

Real Madrid sniffing around Saliba.

As usual with transfer talk, some of the above, or none of the above may happen.

#wheresthestrikerarteta

I know everyone here is absolutely desperate to know the transfer business of Arsenal (or not) so I thought I'd provide an update for those of you struggling to get off to sleep.

All the talk of needing a new striker and we've signed Raya permanently for £27m and are closing in on the signing of the Italian Left Back Riccardo Calafiori from Bologna for around £45m. Seems like Jacub Kivior will be off to Juventus.

Apparently we've pulled out of dealings with Napoli for Osimhen as the money is too rich (and their president is proving to be a cnut to deal with in the Levy mould), still exploring Gyokeres from Sporting Lisbon for around £75m. Also trying to do a deal with PSV for Johan Bakayoko for around £40m or so.

I guess the main business may be done with teams still at the Euros so after the tournament. Talks of Jules Kounde of France as an option. Joshua Kimmich of Bayern will apparently either stay at Bayern or go to Madrid, Barca, Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. I'd guess that means Bayern, City or Madrid as someone like that is going to want to go somewhere that guarantees trophies and whilst we can now compete financially with the big boys, I reckon a Community Shield trophy isn't going to swing it for a player of his stature.

Some talk of trying to get Nico Williams, the Spain player but I'd imagine there will be a queue for him and he apparently prefers a move to Barca.

Seems like Emile Smith Rowe and Eddie Nketieh may be off to Fulham who have just sold Paulinha to Bayern.

Real Madrid sniffing around Saliba.

As usual with transfer talk, some of the above, or none of the above may happen.

#wheresthestrikerarteta
At least you've got some names in there Bridge. All very quiet with City....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.