Arsenal Thread - 2023/24

Lol. Arsensl fans on the panel no doubt:
Pep should call refs out more and go down this excuse
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has avoided punishment from the Football Association over comments he made about refereeing following last month's 1-0 defeat by Newcastle.

Arteta called the video assistant referee's decision to allow the Magpies' winning goal at St James' Park embarrassing and a disgrace
He was later charged with misconduct

But the FA said that an independent Regulatory Commission found the charge to be not proven after a hearing

"It was alleged that his comments constituted misconduct in that they were insulting towards match officials and/or detrimental to the game and/or brought the game into disrepute," the FA added in a statement.

In the written reasons for the charge not being proven, it was revealed Arteta claimed that: "The word 'disgrace'...'has a very similar spelling and pronunciation to the Spanish 'desgracia'.

"The Spanish word has connotations of misfortune, tragedy or bad luck rather than the connotations of the English equivalent which suggest contempt, dishonour or disrespect.

"While the English meaning may lead to interpretations of abuse or insult, this was not the intended meaning
I thought the club made a statement backing up his comments therefore nothing was lost in translation.

I've been asked a few times why I'm on a City forum and not an Arsenal forum.

This linked Youtube video should hopefully give you an idea why

I've been asked a few times why I'm on a City forum and not an Arsenal forum.

This linked Youtube video should hopefully give you an idea why

Do these arsenal fans learn nothing! This beat Liverpool we win the league shite when they'll still be 20 games left! It must frazzle there brain when they haven't won the league in over 20 years!

Saying that I think they are favourites for me they look solid now and have a good squad!

Do these arsenal fans learn nothing! This beat Liverpool we win the league shite when they'll still be 20 games left! It must frazzle there brain when they haven't won the league in over 20 years!

Saying that I think they are favourites for me they look solid now and have a good squad!
It's more the 'blud, fam' pseudo-gangsta crap that puts me off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.