Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

They were seriously rattled after 15 mins and had Rodri not got injured we'd have gone in 2-0 up for sure. BUT they reacted to the Rodri injury well and scored two really good goals. BUT then Trossard got himself sent off and they had to park the bus. Fair enough, 2-1 up away at the Etihad, you've got to dig in and set up camp.

But oh my fucking god, the time-wasting, the feigning injuries, the mass outbreak of "cramp" that seemed to strike them on fucking 60 minutes, the constant diving and rolling around, Arteta deciding that FIVE pitch-side teamtalks wasn't enough, and then sending 17-year-old subs round to the back of the goal to tell Raya to sit down.

I really don't like to accuse teams of this because everyone's got to rely on the dark arts sometimes - it's football - but that was blatant pre-meditated cheating. They clearly set out to play the second half that way. It was so blatant that Michael Oliver didn't even let their physio come on because he knew what they were doing.

I didn't get the memo that deliberately blocking the keeper was now legal either.

Parking the bus is fair enough. Even if they have spent £500m on that team. You're 2-1 up at the home of the champions and a man down, you came and got a point with a 0-0 last season, fair enough. Maybe delay a few goal kicks or what have you. But they took it to an extreme today that I've literally never seen before in all my years.

And all it did in the end was add on the seven minutes we needed to get the goal. I think they're that bit better than they were last season - even if they did need Rodri, Foden, and De Bruyne to all be absent for them to get ahead of us in a game at the Etihad - but whether it's enough to get over the 90 point mark remains to be seen.

We’ve all seen away teams and City teams down to 10 men at Maine Road and at the Etihad still try and score and win a game.

Arteta and his coward team parked the bus again, just like last season, for 45 minutes and didn’t try to get a 3rd decisive winning goal.

Well I'm going to stay away from the post match thread as it will be 'warm'. Overall 1st Arsenal goal was poor reffing, Gabriel's goal was fine, Trossard is an idiot but I thought the 2nd yellow should have been for the barge on Silva (either way was a red), we defended brilliantly with 10 men, City dug in and maintained their unbeaten home record, I'd have taken a draw at the start, I think this fixture will be a bad blood fixture moving forward. And breathe.

I’m disappointed in you.

You’ve not told us what a great point at the Etihad that was.

Well I'm going to stay away from the post match thread as it will be 'warm'. Overall 1st Arsenal goal was poor reffing, Gabriel's goal was fine, Trossard is an idiot but I thought the 2nd yellow should have been for the barge on Silva (either way was a red), we defended brilliantly with 10 men, City dug in and maintained their unbeaten home record, I'd have taken a draw at the start, I think this fixture will be a bad blood fixture moving forward. And breathe.
Saliba kept his bunny Haaland quiet didn’t he mate?

They were seriously rattled after 15 mins and had Rodri not got injured we'd have gone in 2-0 up for sure. BUT they reacted to the Rodri injury well and scored two really good goals. BUT then Trossard got himself sent off and they had to park the bus. Fair enough, 2-1 up away at the Etihad, you've got to dig in and set up camp.

But oh my fucking god, the time-wasting, the feigning injuries, the mass outbreak of "cramp" that seemed to strike them on fucking 60 minutes, the constant diving and rolling around, Arteta deciding that FIVE pitch-side teamtalks wasn't enough, and then sending 17-year-old subs round to the back of the goal to tell Raya to sit down.

I really don't like to accuse teams of this because everyone's got to rely on the dark arts sometimes - it's football - but that was blatant pre-meditated cheating. They clearly set out to play the second half that way. It was so blatant that Michael Oliver didn't even let their physio come on because he knew what they were doing.

I didn't get the memo that deliberately blocking the keeper was now legal either.

Parking the bus is fair enough. Even if they have spent £500m on that team. You're 2-1 up at the home of the champions and a man down, you came and got a point with a 0-0 last season, fair enough. Maybe delay a few goal kicks or what have you. But they took it to an extreme today that I've literally never seen before in all my years.

And all it did in the end was add on the seven minutes we needed to get the goal. I think they're that bit better than they were last season - even if they did need Rodri, Foden, and De Bruyne to all be absent for them to get ahead of us in a game at the Etihad - but whether it's enough to get over the 90 point mark remains to be seen.
Keane was scathing of Arsenal today and the way they played second half and especially the keeper who he said maybe Arsenal need to get him checked out as he went down a few times with injuries but miraculously recovered with a dab of the sponge..

Not sure which Arsenal player is was. He feigned injury, Arsenal lost the ball, City attacked, he got up straightaway, ran, and tried to defend. He got absolute dogs abuse from the whole of the Etihad.

Not sure which Arsenal player is was. He feigned injury, Arsenal lost the ball, City attacked, he got up straightaway, ran, and tried to defend. He got absolute dogs abuse from the whole of the Etihad.
It was Martinelli. He did go off with cramp shortly afterwards but yes it was embarrassing. As was the incident where Raya tried to kick it out of play for an injury, failed to make touch so it stayed in play, City got the ball and played forward and then Oliver stopped it anyway.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.