Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Saliba kept his bunny Haaland quiet didn’t he mate?
Actually I thought the defence did very well vs Haaland. He scored his goal, after Gabriel left a big gap and Savinho made a nice pass (superb clinical finish from Haaland btw), and he had a header saved but was largely pocketed in the 2nd half despite playing vs a 10 man team that had flown back from Italy on thursday night and had 2 of the starting back 4 subbed off with cramp for a Polish reserve team player and a 17 year old making his debut.

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser (apparently this is all cool with VAR lol). He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

I'll let you be the judge if you think that's classy or not, suffice to say the Arsenal defence will remember his actions and he can expect a warm reunion with them at the Emirates next year. Havertz has apparently already said that the foul on Rodri in the first seconds was to remind him of what he said about Arsenal's mentality in an interview at the end of last season, I'd expect Haaland has talked himself into getting smashed at some point in the game at the Emirates. All very unseemly and nothing I'd condone but there are signs he's getting carried away - you'd never see Mbappe do that for example.

Last edited:
Actually I thought the defence did very well vs Haaland. He scored his goal, after Gabriel left a big gap and Savinho made a nice pass (superb clinical finish from Haaland btw), and he had a header saved but was largely pocketed in the 2nd half despite playing vs a 10 man team that had flown back from Italy on thursday night and had 2 of the starting back 4 subbed off with cramp for a Polish reserve team player and a 17 year old making his debut.

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser. He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

I'll let you be the judge if you think that's classy or not, suffice to say the Arsenal defence will remember his actions and he can expect a warm reunion with them at the Emirates next year. Havertz has apparently already said that the foul on Rodri in the first seconds was to remind him of what he said about Arsenal's mentality in an interview at the end of last season, I'd expect Haaland has talked himself into getting smashed at some point in the game at the Emirates. All very unseemly and nothing I'd condone but there are signs he's getting carried away - you'd never see Mbappe do that for example.
You are pulling the classy line the way your team behaved today? Oh dear

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser (apparently this is all cool with VAR lol). He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

Erling didn’t “try” to bulldoze Partey—he bulldozed the shitehouse **** after he literally fronted up like an American handegg linebacker as Haaland was running forward.

To try to blame Haaland for Partey being a shitehouse is laughable.

And the rest of your post is nonsensical waffle that essentially tries to justify cheating and trying to get City players injured because a few of our players said some things that hurt your players’ feelings.

It is pathetic and beneath you.

You are pulling the classy line the way your team behaved today? Oh dear
I'm not, in a post a few up I said some of the antics were embarrassing. I genuinely don't like to see the tactical time out bullshit - plus refs wise up to it and we've had 2 reds for kicking the ball away probably in part because refs feel more inclined to book Arsenal players than other teams' players because of the shithousery. We're becoming marked by refs who are wising up to it.

Aside from that though there wasn't much more to be done playing with 10 men at the Etihad with a tiring team. When it was 11 vs 11, once Rodri went off there were periods at the end of the 1st half where Arsenal were causing City big problems (Trossard blazed over the bar, Gabriel should have scored from another corner). Arteta felt adopting a 'Awoooo! This is Sparta!' approach was the correct one - it very nearly was but I'm sure going into half time with Trossard off he'd have snapped your hand off if you'd offered him 2-2.

I'm not, in a post a few up I said some of the antics were embarrassing. I genuinely don't like to see the tactical time out bullshit - plus refs wise up to it and we've had 2 reds for kicking the ball away probably in part because refs feel more inclined to book Arsenal players than other teams' players because of the shithousery. We're becoming marked by refs who are wising up to it.

Aside from that though there wasn't much more to be done playing with 10 men at the Etihad with a tiring team. When it was 11 vs 11, once Rodri went off there were periods at the end of the 1st half where Arsenal were causing City big problems (Trossard blazed over the bar, Gabriel should have scored from another corner). Arteta felt adopting a 'Awoooo! This is Sparta!' approach was the correct one - it very nearly was but I'm sure going into half time with Trossard off he'd have snapped your hand off if you'd offered him 2-2.
The whole set up of your team and it’s contrived cheating (even getting a 17 year old lad to get booked before he got on the pitch) is an utter embarrassment to a famous old club. We wouldn’t tolerate it at city. That’s why we are a successful club that keeps winning

Erling didn’t “try” to bulldoze Partey—he bulldozed the shitehouse **** after he literally fronted up like an American handegg linebacker as Haaland was running forward.

To try to blame Haaland for Partey being a shitehouse is laughable.

And the rest of your post is nonsensical waffle that essentially tries to justify cheating and trying to get City players injured because a few of our players said some things that hurt your players’ feelings.

It is pathetic and beneath you.
I very clearly said I don't condone any of it. And nobody tried to get Rodri injured - his injury came after an innocuous collision. I think Havertz barged into him straight after kick off but that was unrelated to his injury and Rodri did try to milk it as if he'd been hit by a sniper!

BTW hopefully Rodri's injury isn't too serious, I genuinely mean that.

The whole set up of your team and it’s contrived cheating (even getting a 17 year old lad to get booked before he got on the pitch) is an utter embarrassment to a famous old club. We wouldn’t tolerate it at city. That’s why we are a successful club that keeps winning
Well I don't disagree with you on some of these points - resorting to dark arts isn't how I want to see my team play.

I very clearly said I don't condone any of it. And nobody tried to get Rodri injured - his injury came after an innocuous collision. I think Havertz barged into him straight after kick off but that was unrelated to his injury and Rodri did try to milk it as if he'd been hit by a sniper!

BTW hopefully Rodri's injury isn't too serious, I genuinely mean that.
I was talking about your statements about Havertz’s “challenge” on Rodri and Haaland “talking himself in to getting smashed”, as if either are justified.

But even your non sequitur comment regarding no one trying to get Rodri injured is nonsense, as your players had already left their boot in two or three times before that innocuous coming together. I have said I don’t think Partey did anything wrong in that particular sequence (whilst being a complete shite house otherwise) but to act as if he wasn’t being targeted otherwise is being intellectually dishonest.

Fuck off

You talk some shite don't you, do Arsenal not have their own forum you can go and cry on?

You want VAR to check Haaland bouncing the ball of Gabriel's head...pahahahahahahahhaha. Is there anything that you arse fans wont complain about?

Havertz slammed Rodri in the throat because of comments on mentality and then dropped a disaster class, not a single completed pass. Just about sums up Arsenal and proves Rodri completely right.

More interested in trying to knee cap City players than actually beat them on the pitch, all these years of us trouncing you for titles is making Arteta and the players go insane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.