Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Actually I thought the defence did very well vs Haaland. He scored his goal, after Gabriel left a big gap and Savinho made a nice pass (superb clinical finish from Haaland btw), and he had a header saved but was largely pocketed in the 2nd half despite playing vs a 10 man team that had flown back from Italy on thursday night and had 2 of the starting back 4 subbed off with cramp for a Polish reserve team player and a 17 year old making his debut.

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser (apparently this is all cool with VAR lol). He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

I'll let you be the judge if you think that's classy or not, suffice to say the Arsenal defence will remember his actions and he can expect a warm reunion with them at the Emirates next year. Havertz has apparently already said that the foul on Rodri in the first seconds was to remind him of what he said about Arsenal's mentality in an interview at the end of last season, I'd expect Haaland has talked himself into getting smashed at some point in the game at the Emirates. All very unseemly and nothing I'd condone but there are signs he's getting carried away - you'd never see Mbappe do that for example.
Ah, didn't take you long to show your true colours!

Whatever Arteta learned from his time at City and Pep, thetactics and blatant ime wasting are his own creation.

He has managed to take shithousery to a different level, which is not a compliment but a genuine indictment of his management and game ethics. Using fake injuries to allow tactical team talks and time wasting is not what a genuinely talented manager would do.

His tactics reveal his desperation to succeed, and his players are being deployed to stifle rather than to outplay rivals. Not a Pep like tactics or approach from the young pretender .

Last edited:
Watching Arsenal yesterday was like watching England try and hang on to a lead under Southgate - fucking rubbish.

Rely on setpieces and sticking everyone behind the ball, because they just aren't good enough otherwise.

Embarrassing. I can't recall ANY game where we've ever employed tactics as negative as that. I don't think City fans would stand for it tbh. I think we're seeing that the Wenger years were a mistake and Arsenal have just reverted to type now.

Many others have said it and I'll just reiterate it - however much Liverpool wound me up over the years, I could admire how good that team was, as they'd come and take us on and gave us really difficult matches. Football matches. Not solely relying on using rugby lineouts tactics at corners and wasting time.

I'm amazed though that those setpieces are being allowed. Martinelli in particular is solely trying to impede the keeper and is managing to. If that isn't a foul, then what is? The refs need a rethink as there was too much holding and grabbing at corners as it was, but if this tactic is allowed too much longer everyone will be trying it.

(Hypocritical point now - it really wound me up towards the end when we allowed Raya a free run to claim a corner. That was just too easy).

Can't beat us playing football, can't beat us playing every underhand trick in the book

Arsenal players must have gone home last night and been mentally crushed by yesterday

Imagine going to your title rivals, and your manager basically telling you that your best chance of winning is to feign injuries, tactically foul, waste time, and literally camp on the edge of your box

Carry on like that, and they might even finish behind Liverpool this season

"The most complete manager alive"!

Oh this guy. I muted him on Twitter ages ago.

Claims to be a "Liverpool fan", but his posts are just pages after pages of arse-licking Arsenal and Arteta. In his eyes, everything Arteta does seems to be a gift to the sport.

Brands himself as a "tactic analyst", but all that Arsenal-worship makes him seem very disingenuous.

Whatever Arteta learned from his time at City and Pep, the tactics and blatant time wasting are his own creation.

He has managed to take shithousery to a different level, which is not a compliment but a genuine indictment of his management and game ethics. Using fake injuries to allow tactical team talks and time wasting is not what a genuinely talented manager would do.

His tactics reveal his desperation to succeed, and his players are being deployed to stifle rather than to outplayed rivals. Not a Pep like tactics or approach from the young pretender .

I've said in the past, that teams and players are often happy to employ any tactics at all to get over the line and win a title once. But try and do it that way again, and the players start to rebel against it - they feel they are good enough and don't want to approach big games like a non-league outfit does against a big club in the FA Cup.

It's why Mourinho never stayed long anywhere. It's why Arsenal will lose patience with Arteta in another year or two. Players want to actually win the big games, not scrape through in them playing anti-football.

Had a quick listen to pundits talking about the "awesome" strike from their defender and I listened to him about the goal.

While the commentators are drooling over its brilliance, he avoids talking about the intention of strike.

As I thought at the time, he shaped up to cross it, cos his body angle is all wrong for an intentional strike.

Hilarious.
Correct. Not a chance that was a shot.

Actually I thought the defence did very well vs Haaland. He scored his goal, after Gabriel left a big gap and Savinho made a nice pass (superb clinical finish from Haaland btw), and he had a header saved but was largely pocketed in the 2nd half despite playing vs a 10 man team that had flown back from Italy on thursday night and had 2 of the starting back 4 subbed off with cramp for a Polish reserve team player and a 17 year old making his debut.

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser (apparently this is all cool with VAR lol). He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

I'll let you be the judge if you think that's classy or not, suffice to say the Arsenal defence will remember his actions and he can expect a warm reunion with them at the Emirates next year. Havertz has apparently already said that the foul on Rodri in the first seconds was to remind him of what he said about Arsenal's mentality in an interview at the end of last season, I'd expect Haaland has talked himself into getting smashed at some point in the game at the Emirates. All very unseemly and nothing I'd condone but there are signs he's getting carried away - you'd never see Mbappe do that for example.
Where do I start on this abomination of a post? You really have lost it mate, any credit you had in the bank for previous posts has now long gone. Lewis-Skelly making his debut at 17. Fuck off, he came on as a time wasting tactic and as part of a back ten. Really something to tell your grandchildren.
Over fifty years have passed since Leeds played under Don Revie. To this day they are still known as Dirty Leeds. They were the biggest cretinous bunch of cynical, filthy and anti-football team seen in this country. This Arsenal team are on the verge of matching them. Leeds never won what they could have because of their approach. Your team, under Captain Black, seem to have a good chance of emulating them. Enjoy your anti football mate. You reap what you sow.

FyWzUTJWYAgE904.jpeg.jpg

Bring it on - it's due on 1st February, which is about the time your season starts collapsing. You came across as a bunch of shithouses and cheats. As for the physical stuff, my money's on Haaland against your shithouse defence any day of the week.
Looking forward to the return fixture and hoping we get you in a cup or 2 as well :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.