Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Worked out what we need to do to defend those corners next time.

As soon as they take the corner, the defenders should just push out to the edge of the box. When Gabriel wins the header, those surrounding Ederson will be off side as interfering and directly in his eyeline.

If one team takes this approach successfully, all will, and that tactic will be defunct.

I have come to detest Arsenal. They are a the premier leagues Atletico Madrid. Time wasting, feigning injury, snide fouls, kicking the ball away, fouling the keeper on corners, crowding the ref and causing melee's with the opposition. They will do anything to gain an advantage. Thankfully so far these tactics have failed to win them the title, or any trophy since the fa cup in Arteta's first season. Even better news is the whole of football, the officials and even some sections of the media are now waking up to it. Soon they will be getting free kicks given against them on every corner they take for their illegal tactics. The same with their shameful gamesmanship.

This all starts from the top with that two faced little shitehouse Arteta. A man with no moral fibre, decency or principles. A man who skulked off in the night and stabbed his best mate Pep, our club and fans in the back to sign for Arsenal. This was in spite of being under contract to ourselves and it being halfway through the season. A Judas scab of the highest order. Never forgive, never forget.
Not a fan of Lego head, then, Paul?

They are cheats, its not dark arts, its cheating plain and simple and anything else is dressing it up and i would actively say they are targeting players to injure at this point i would put nothing past arteta.
There’s no question in my mind that they went out to injure Rodri yesterday..

It was that fucking obvious.

If Arsenal come up short again this season where do they go from here? They have tried every trick in the book and it hasn't worked. Stealing our assistant manager. Taking two.of our players. Copying Pep then realising he's just better. Spending hugely to beef out their squad. Now cheating and employing tactics not seen in this country since the dark days of Don Revie's Leeds. One horrible club from top to bottom.
That’s a great comparison with dirty Leeds.

I love how Jesus & Zinchenko left us for regular football but now find themselves in the exact same position at Arsenal but without all the success.
Is Zinchenko now their 4th choice left back?

Calafiori, Kiwior, Timber all seem to be ahead of him, and they'd likely have brought Tomiyasu on before him yesterday.

Actually I thought the defence did very well vs Haaland. He scored his goal, after Gabriel left a big gap and Savinho made a nice pass (superb clinical finish from Haaland btw), and he had a header saved but was largely pocketed in the 2nd half despite playing vs a 10 man team that had flown back from Italy on thursday night and had 2 of the starting back 4 subbed off with cramp for a Polish reserve team player and a 17 year old making his debut.

Haaland's scored a billion goals this season already and when Trossard was sent off surely the feeling was the game was made for Haaland but they largely frustrated him to the extent that he had a go at the aforementioned 17 year old making his debut, and then threw the ball at Gabriel's head after Stones got the equaliser (apparently this is all cool with VAR lol). He then tried to bulldoze Partey. He basically lost control.

I'll let you be the judge if you think that's classy or not, suffice to say the Arsenal defence will remember his actions and he can expect a warm reunion with them at the Emirates next year. Havertz has apparently already said that the foul on Rodri in the first seconds was to remind him of what he said about Arsenal's mentality in an interview at the end of last season, I'd expect Haaland has talked himself into getting smashed at some point in the game at the Emirates. All very unseemly and nothing I'd condone but there are signs he's getting carried away - you'd never see Mbappe do that for example.
You won’t see any of our players feigning injury at the Emirates.

Amazed with all the cameras around that they didn't manage to get a close up of that yesterday.

Is it because at kick off they all tend to pull back for a wide view? There's probably no real reason why they'd have a close up on two players when the ball isn't near them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.