Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Having given it at approximately a day to process the behaviours of the Arsenal team, management and supporters that I witnessed at the ground yesterday, I've finally come to a conclusion which is solely based on but one aspect of what I saw, namely the loud, shameful cheering that accompanied Rodri's withdrawal from the game following the treatment he received from Arsenal's players.

They're referred to on here as 'The Tarquins' as part of the 'footy bantz'. However, as far as I'm concerned, from now on they'll be referred to as 'The Tarqunts'

Just as with the Liverpool fans who did exactly the same when Yaya was taken off on a stretcher at Anfield in 2014, this action alone means that, from now on, they're dead to me as a club. I hope they lose every time they play.

Well I'm going to stay away from the post match thread as it will be 'warm'. Overall 1st Arsenal goal was poor reffing, Gabriel's goal was fine, Trossard is an idiot but I thought the 2nd yellow should have been for the barge on Silva (either way was a red), we defended brilliantly with 10 men, City dug in and maintained their unbeaten home record, I'd have taken a draw at the start, I think this fixture will be a bad blood fixture moving forward. And breathe.
It’s been a bad blood fixture since your away end racially abused Adebayor and his family from the warm-up and through the start of the game back in 2009.

Never had a problem with Arsenal before that day but I felt your fans were a disgrace, and it wasn’t just the odd one, it was a loud chant consistent through the 3,000 away end.

You don’t do what Adebayor did for nothing.

IMG_7616.gif

Never liked Arsenal since and it appears Arsenal fans reciprocate that feeling.

Booing Rodri off the pitch as he couldn’t carry on due to injury shows a proper lack of class n’all. Remember the furore from your fans when Stoke fans booed Ramsey off?

Every time we’ve met at Wembley there’s been a lot of crowd trouble. We’ve played United and Liverpool a fair bit at Wembley and seen less crowd trouble than against you lot. This issue is bad from both sides though, not saying that Arsenal always start it or it’s not our fault like other sets of fans might, we are as to blame as Arsenal fans on this one. Just highlights the bad blood between the two sets of fans though.

Last edited:
Social media is overflowing with Gooner fans wishing gross ill towards Rodri ... hoping his season is over, hoping injury is career threatening, claiming karma (for what god alone knows). I havent checked RAWK but I am pretty certain they are doing the same and worse (they are utterly obsessed with everything City).

I dont have rose-tinted views on City fans - we have our share of knobs, but I dont recall on Bluemoon gloating or praying for injury to other players? In fact when Odegaard sustained his injury, it was quite the opposite. Am I right in this?

Social media is overflowing with Gooner fans wishing gross ill towards Rodri ... hoping his season is over, hoping injury is career threatening, claiming karma (for what god alone knows). I havent checked RAWK but I am pretty certain they are doing the same and worse (they are utterly obsessed with everything City).

I dont have rose-tinted views on City fans - we have our share of knobs, but I dont recall on Bluemoon gloating or praying for injury to other players? In fact when Odegaard sustained his injury, it was quite the opposite. Am I right in this?
Keep our powder dry stuff like this has a way of coming back and biting you on the arse,they’ll fully deserve any karma that comes their way ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.