Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

"But while Arteta has used his City experience to mould a title-winning team...."

Did I miss something?

Have we missed an Arsenal title win according to Sly Sports.

Arteta has moulded a title winning team? What title is that, the double bottling title? The Premier League Timewasting title?
The Premier Shithousery League title?

View attachment 132805
The Arsenal PR is one of the most insane I've seen. I've never seen another side that won the collective sum of fuck all get showered with so much praise that I start wondering if I'm misremembering things.

Gets labelled "title-winners" just because they came close to us twice. Their players get labelled "World Class" for winning fuck all in an Arsenal shirt. Constantly comparing their players to ours, players that won the trophy of "we came close" against players that are actual treble winners, CL winners, league record holders etc.

Their manager gets praised as some "brilliant tactician" when all he did was just copy Pep's system man-for-man, even down to buying our former players. Pep gets Gvardiol, he buys Calafiori. Pep gets Haaland, he buys Havertz. Even resorting to stripping away his former investments in stylistically different players like Zinchenko and Jesus, just so he closer imitate the next Pep innovation. Arteta is an evidently good coach, but there's nothing original or groundbreaking about him in the modern game.

This is why our clashes with Klopp's Liverpool were way more entertaining. Two stylistically different teams, two top coaches with different interpretations of the game. Arsenal is a team that so closely imitates ours, yet they resort to sitting back and defending when they are against us, because apparently they can't beat us at our own game.

I said after the game that this would come back on them. This was not just national but global tv. They won’t get away with this now for much longer. Not surprised other clubs have reacted. Was surprised to see Liverpool supporters not happy with this either. You can understand Bernardo’s reaction to them and his comments. At least Liverpool gave us proper games, not this nonsense. Hopefully this is all going to back fire on them now, then let’s see how they perform when they have to go toe to toe.

I just posted similar in a WhatsApp group of mates.
I think now they will be reffed slightly differently too, their antics were just too much for most neutrals and the refs will be less inclined to let them get away with it.
Hope so anyway…
But I suspect the whistling wankers will still allow teams to piss the time up the stand walls. Oliver warned Raya about the time he was taking just after half an hour. The goalie continued for the last hour in the same manner as the first half hour, and Oliver did fuck all about it. Governance and arbitration of the game as it currently obtains will drive fans to seek alternative spectacles.

Interesting the media have brought this up. What is it now, 5 months until we play them at theirs?

With the increasing attention this is getting I can see them being the weaklings we used to bully come that return fixture. I don’t think the PL want this kind of bullshit in the league.
I'm pretty sure we are more looking forward to playing them at the Emirates than Arsenal themselves. We will be pumped up for sure but unlike Arsenal we will be controlled with our aggression whereas they won't be.

Clive Myrie’s brilliant reply to and Arsenal fan on X today .. quote
It’s not #arsenal parking the bus in the 2nd half that’s deeply annoying. It’s the cynical targeting of #rodri after 3secs of the game, the cynicism of their crowding at corners, their appalling time wasting (which came back to haunt them!) Truly dreadful play. #mcfc

But I suspect the whistling wankers will still allow teams to piss the time up the stand walls. Oliver warned Raya about the time he was taking just after half an hour. The goalie continued for the last hour in the same manner as the first half hour, and Oliver did fuck all about it. Governance and arbitration of the game as it currently obtains will drive fans to seek alternative spectacles.

Yeah I don't reckon much will change, unless they go back to adding 12 minutes and stuff like that. Reckon he'll get a token booking next time he's taking ages about a goal kick, but I'd like to see it when he feigns injury instead.

Main thing I'd want to see is freekicks being given against Martinelli or whoever blocks the keeper. There are ways around it defensively, but it's impeding the keeper and it should just be a free kick, pretty simple. If that starts happening I'll be happy enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.