Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

That is so embarrassingly American cringeworthy it's well...

throw-up-puke.gif

Arteta suits Arsenal to a tee. Boring, turgid, bus parking and shithousery against any decent side. Flat track bullies and show ponies against lower table sides.
Was the same with their deity, Wenger.
Vile, unsporting, overly blinkered, entitled fans. No wonder they're loathed.
This.

An overreaction? But this was not an isolated tactic from your club: it's been going on since Arteta got there. Face it, he has changed the way most neutrals think about your club, and it hasn't changed for the better.

I get it that you will staunchly defend everything about the club, but calling public response to what was effectively yet another bottle job an 'overreaction' is undermining what the sport is about. Winning at all costs is NOT on the table, as far as I'm concerned. The spirit of the game should never be allowed to wallow in the gutter like it did with Revie all those years ago, and having professional footballers go out of their way to deliberately injure another is a big no-no.
The attack on Rodri (because that's what it amounted to) was premeditated, almost certainly orchestrated by Arteta and your training staff. It could have ended the man's career, and the thug who was responsible for it will not be at your club forever, he will move on to warmer climes and enjoy his retirement in luxury, not giving a flying fuck about the man whose playing days were ended by that totally unwarranted display of cowardly violence.

There was always going to be some fall-out from your display, Arteta must have anticipated some kind of negative feedback from the media after instructing your team to go out and do what they did in front of a televised audience of millions and millions - despite him feigning surprise at the resultant backlash.

Prior to the game I was relatively indifferent to Arsenal, not anymore. After yesterday's disgusting performance and the loud cheering when an opposItion player was injured, I now put your club in the same category as I do the rags and the dippers.
There is footage on the MSM web site of Arsenal using the exact "dark arts" tactic at Anfield last season.

Arsenal deliberately injured Rodri, let's make no bones about. They are so desperate, that is what they are reduced to. Arteta is out of control and is unchecked. He cannot see and probably doesn't want to see the faults of his players. It's been going on for more than a couple years now.

Arsenal, United and Liverpool fans en masse glory in the injury of opponents. I've heard and seen it with my own very eyes. Sunday was another example.

As grossly objectionable, vile specimens as they are, I don't recall Bacon Face or Klopp sending their players out to so blatantly injure opponents. When K***e did that to Alfie in 2001 that was purely him.

Arteta sent those players out to injure Rodri and they succeeded. It started with Havertz and ended with Partey deliberately running into Rodri. Their fans cheered loudly. The vile cheating behaviour of Arteta, his coaching staff, players and fans was the worst I have seen in all my years of watching football. It surpasses Real Madrid and that very niggly Crystal Palace team that kicked our boy Blues off the pitch in '87 - that mad arse cowardly cheat Ian Wright and his thuggish mate Bright being in that team. I never saw "prime Leeds" in the flesh though saw them in Cup Finals on their "best behaviour " so I can't compare Arsenal to them.

Arsenal deliberately injuring Rodri is disgusting and glorying in it is off the scale - words fail me.

I don't know a single Blue who was happy that Odegaard got injured. Like many I would rather beat their best team, as would the most important man in our club, Pep.

Arsenal may feel vindicated that they got a point and managed to take Rodri out. The trouble is other opponents know what they are and how they operate. I predict this won't end well for them. They aren't emotionally intelligent enough to cope when the pressure is on and somebody will duff them up metaphorically. Hope so. I won't though be wishing injury on them, though.

That's not how we roll

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.