Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Cheating Cowards!

Referee Michael Oliver booked Lewis-Skelly after the substitute trotted behind Raya's goal line while warming up in the 65th minute as the Gunners led 2-1.

Oliver observed the 17-year-old communicating with Raya before the Arsenal goalkeeper fell to the floor and stopped proceedings – as seen in new footage obtained by Mail Sport.

Lewis-Skelly had returned to the group of substitutes on the main touchline by the time he received his yellow card – handed out before he had played a single minute of professional football.

Arteta used the ensuing break in play to deliver a team talk to nine of his outfield players as they looked to keep City at bay.

Not sure why Raya wasn’t awarded the yellow as well rather than the safety of a 17 yo kid sub. Its very much I know what your doing but I’m going to do fuck all whilst pretending to take action.

Thought they were supposed to be good, poor man's Atletico Madrid.
From poor man's Barcelona 20 years ago to poor man's atletico now. To be expected as arteta only spent the twilight of his career at arsenal, and mostly injured. He was schooled under moyes at Everton. Really, he's just reverting to type.
He's never struck me as an intellectual ala Pep, or a charismatic manager like ancelloti. He's a pretender, and is being found out.

From poor man's Barcelona 20 years ago to poor man's atletico now. To be expected as arteta only spent the twilight of his career at arsenal, and mostly injured. He was schooled under moyes at Everton. Really, he's just reverting to type.
He's never struck me as an intellectual ala Pep, or a charismatic manager like ancelloti. He's a pretender, and is being found out.
This is why he has reverted to win at all costs, he has spent nearly 800m quid over FIVE years for an fa cup win and that is all in terms of trophies tent peg is outstripping him at this present time and despite all the press plaudits (and lets be honest anyone who challenges city gets those, it was the same for liverpool) he has done nothing but massively underachieve at that place and he knows it hence the shithousery that he employs, he had one surprise title challenge which fell away massively, spent another 200m last year and despite us missing kdb and haaland for large parts of the season still couldnt get the job done and the reality is that he knows he is being found out and all the aftv wankers and press plaudits cant hide facts.

I can't say as I know a great deal about Arteta or what he's achieved in the game. When he was at City you couldn't help but be aware of what he was doing, obviously: any news and club releases you'd see or hear about him. But since his defection I haven't taken any interest in what he's doing. It is only because the media has forced his day-to-day activities down my throat that I know what is happening. Like the other two red-shirted, over-hyped, yesterday's clubs in the Prem, the tabloids are making damn sure you don't forget them with their wall-to-wall coverage of everything they do.

I did notice in the Netflix/Prime (or whoever) series on them recently that he seems to be a man on edge all the time: a ticking time-bomb, like he's not 100% in control of his emotions. That makes him a danger to both himself and to those around him.
I don't know what the majority of their fans think of him, and I can't say as I care, but I would not want a man like that running my football team - questionable mental strength.

This is why he has reverted to win at all costs, he has spent nearly 800m quid over FIVE years for an fa cup win and that is all in terms of trophies tent peg is outstripping him at this present time and despite all the press plaudits (and lets be honest anyone who challenges city gets those, it was the same for liverpool) he has done nothing but massively underachieve at that place and he knows it hence the shithousery that he employs, he had one surprise title challenge which fell away massively, spent another 200m last year and despite us missing kdb and haaland for large parts of the season still couldnt get the job done and the reality is that he knows he is being found out and all the aftv wankers and press plaudits cant hide facts.
Perfectly put pal

Of the five teams that have appeared at the Etihad this season Ipswich, Inter, Brentford and Watford - they all stand in stark contrast to the disgraceful 99 mins the Arse served up on Sunday, and not one of those refs, imperfect and inadequate as they might have been, didn't compare to the Oliver shit show of sitting on his hands in an attempt to avoid controversy!

Of the five teams that have appeared at the Etihad this season Ipswich, Inter, Brentford and Watford - they all stand in stark contrast to the disgraceful 99 mins the Arse served up on Sunday, and not one of those refs, imperfect and inadequate as they might have been, didn't compare to the Oliver shit show of sitting on his hands in an attempt to avoid controversy!
Even Watford, last night, at least tried to have a go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.