Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Kin hell what is it with my local Tesco lol. In there today with the new away shirt on some gooner starts on to me to change my shirt to a gooner shirt. I just smile than he starts on about 115 this 115 that. I just say ' we're innocent ' he didn't like that lol. Than really started going on, I just walked away.
Than every time we walked past each other he would laugh at me.

It's fucking weird living down here. For decades no said a word to me with my City gear on. Now it's all changed lol.
Should have put a half n half round your neck that’ll boil his piss

The tarquins are getting very giddy about this coming season. Not quite as annoying as the dippers were but getting close.
I think the optimism is based on the fact the team is for sure getting better as the young players develop more, and based on the assumption City's levels will remain the same. So if the same City as last season turns up I'd be pretty confident Arsenal win the league.

However the problem with all of that is that whilst it's likely KDB's best days are behind him (Walker also), players like Bobb, Gvardiol etc clearly have levels they can reach so they will improve there. And for all the talk that if Rodri is out City are vulnerable, you can say the same with Rice, Saliba, Saka etc.

I do think Arsenal will win the league but there's a lot of hope in that rather than expectation!

Arsenal are an excellent side but we're better.

I wouldn't take any of their starting 11 over our best team.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
KDB
Foden / Bernardo / Kovacic
Doku
Bobb / Savinho / Bernardo / Foden
Haaland

The only arguments they have are for Saka at RW and Odegaard in CM.

Saliba has been great for them but I'd still take a combo of Stones / Dias over anyone.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
KDB
Doku
Haaland

Saliba has been great for them but I'd still take a combo of Stones / Dias over anyone.
Not excellent yet.
Excellent sides win leagues.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Gvardiol
Rodri
KDB
Doku
Haaland

Hmmmm.

From my (admittedly biased) position at the back White gets in over Walker, Saliba over Dias, I'd keep Stones in there as well as Gvardiol.

In midfield Rice over Rodri (ONLY KIDDING it's Rodders all the way), but then Rice over Gvardiol. Saka gets in on the right side. Odegaard doesn't get in based on KDBs historical form but if he drops in form then Odegaard for sure.

Hmmmm.

From my (admittedly biased) position at the back White gets in over Walker, Saliba over Dias, I'd keep Stones in there as well as Gvardiol.

In midfield Rice over Rodri (ONLY KIDDING it's Rodders all the way), but then Rice over Gvardiol. Saka gets in on the right side. Odegaard doesn't get in based on KDBs historical form but if he drops in form then Odegaard for sure.
The moment you said white over walker anything else you said became moot because if that is your opinion then any further opinion you have is complete nonsense based on that.

I think the optimism is based on the fact the team is for sure getting better as the young players develop more, and based on the assumption City's levels will remain the same. So if the same City as last season turns up I'd be pretty confident Arsenal win the league.

However the problem with all of that is that whilst it's likely KDB's best days are behind him (Walker also), players like Bobb, Gvardiol etc clearly have levels they can reach so they will improve there. And for all the talk that if Rodri is out City are vulnerable, you can say the same with Rice, Saliba, Saka etc.

I do think Arsenal will win the league but there's a lot of hope in that rather than expectation!
Rice is bang average though

Arsenal optimism is that they've been the 2nd best team last two seasons and Surely Man City won't win a five on the bounce
they said that about three and four tbf, while i commend their optimism what must give them pause is that last season city didnt actually play that well, i would say with injuries etc we were at maybe 75% capacity we had alot more to give that was all arsenal had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.