Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Hmmmm.

From my (admittedly biased) position at the back White gets in over Walker, Saliba over Dias, I'd keep Stones in there as well as Gvardiol.

In midfield Rice over Rodri (ONLY KIDDING it's Rodders all the way), but then Rice over Gvardiol. Saka gets in on the right side. Odegaard doesn't get in based on KDBs historical form but if he drops in form then Odegaard for sure.
I respect your opinion but I can't see White over Walker in any situation. I'd have Akanji over White at RB too.

Dias is vastly underrated by opposition fans. Arguably the most consistent CB over the past 3 seasons and it's no coincidence we've won the league every season since he's been here.

Saka probably does get in the side but Bobb and Savinho have high ceilings.

I think the optimism is based on the fact the team is for sure getting better as the young players develop more, and based on the assumption City's levels will remain the same. So if the same City as last season turns up I'd be pretty confident Arsenal win the league.

However the problem with all of that is that whilst it's likely KDB's best days are behind him (Walker also), players like Bobb, Gvardiol etc clearly have levels they can reach so they will improve there. And for all the talk that if Rodri is out City are vulnerable, you can say the same with Rice, Saliba, Saka etc.

I do think Arsenal will win the league but there's a lot of hope in that rather than expectation!
I guess it is the time of year to be optimistic but tbh I would rather be contending against someone else - even the rags - this year. Two years of Arsenal fans and Arteta's antics is plenty so I hope you are back battling Spurs and Villa for fourth tbh.

Hmmmm.

From my (admittedly biased) position at the back White gets in over Walker, Saliba over Dias, I'd keep Stones in there as well as Gvardiol.

In midfield Rice over Rodri (ONLY KIDDING it's Rodders all the way), but then Rice over Gvardiol. Saka gets in on the right side. Odegaard doesn't get in based on KDBs historical form but if he drops in form then Odegaard for sure.
White's a ****.

Fucking pulling keeper's gloves off at corners? A pro-footballer that you rate actually does that?

He's on his arse crying. Oh, there's nowt wrong with him. Pity the game was stopped for 5 mins at an important point of momentum for the opposition though. Oh never mind eh. Oh look, now he's acting the fucking hardman and giving it out, the fucking gravy wearing melon.

Probably walked out on England because everyone took the piss out of him for wearing his bird's knickers under his shorts, or something like that.

He's a ****.

Only reason I'd have him at our club would be so that the whole staff could line up and all ask him why he's such a ****.

Odegaard's very very decent though.

The moment you said white over walker anything else you said became moot because if that is your opinion then any further opinion you have is complete nonsense based on that.
IMHO Walker is not the player he was. Peak Kyle Walker is a nailed on starter vs White. Current Walker? Im not so sure.

I'd say that there are many positions where you could argue either way. The ones that are not up for debate in terms of who gets into a combined City/Arsenal XI are Saliba, Rodri, Foden, Haaland. Plus KDB if he's the player of a couple of years ago. After that it's less clear cut.

But anyway these are opinions so that's all cool.

White's a ****.

Fucking pulling keeper's gloves off at corners? A pro-footballer that you rate actually does that?

He's on his arse crying. Oh, there's nowt wrong with him. Pity the game was stopped for 5 mins at an important point of momentum for the opposition though. Oh never mind eh. Oh look, now he's acting the fucking hardman and giving it out, the fucking gravy wearing melon.

Probably walked out on England because everyone took the piss out of him for wearing his bird's knickers under his shorts, or something like that.

He's a ****.

Only reason I'd have him at our club would be so that the whole staff could line up and all ask him why he's such a ****.

Odegaard's very very decent though.

Yeah.....but apart from that?

Last two seasons, Arsenal have gone all out for the League and failed.

They NEED a trophy this year and cannot afford to prioritise.

Will the board put up with yet another empty-handed season?

Even the mighty manyooo have won more in the last few years.

And, from his own perspective, if Arteta has aspirations elsewhere, he needs to show some silverware.

Otherwise Arsenal are just Tottenham in red.

Hmmmm.

I agree with you on White, he's a quality player.

Hmmmm.

Rice over Gvardiol! Rice is a slightly above average midfielder, he would be a shit left back or centre half. Give your head a wobble.

IMHO Walker is not the player he was. Peak Kyle Walker is a nailed on starter vs White. Current Walker? Im not so sure.

I'd say that there are many positions where you could argue either way. The ones that are not up for debate in terms of who gets into a combined City/Arsenal XI are Saliba, Rodri, Foden, Haaland. Plus KDB if he's the player of a couple of years ago. After that it's less clear cut.

But anyway these are opinions so that's all cool.
Any version of kyle walker is better than ben white, i know you have to back your players and thats fine but there is not an argument that can or will be made that perma tanned cry baby can hold a candle to kyle walker as someone else said id take akanji there as well.

Ederson is unarguably a better alround goalkeeper than raya and you know it.

Saliba i will give you is a very talented player but beyond that apart from press hype what has any other player on your team done to suggest that they would be better than our current incumbent. i know you arsenal fans love to be over excited and big up your players but until you get it done and actually win something your argument bout better players etc will always fall short and your first mistake was saying that white would get in ahead of kyle walker on any metric.

Another season of disappointment for Arsenal and another season of disappointment for us poor Bluemooners who have to read the resident arsenal fan’s nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.