Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

That Arsenal fan is a bell end. I do actually understand what he is trying to say. Basically that their hardest games have already been played and away. Anfield aside on paper they shouldn't really lose any of their away games now. That is why we love football though as they will probably lose somewhere unexpected. As someone else has said, I would love them to go invincible, whilst we still finish top. To prove that as great as going unbeaten is, it doesn't guarantee anything.
Love it

Watched match in a bar in Riga with Dortmund fans, oh what a night

I think most fair-minded fans will accept it if a team changes its tactics in order to become more difficult to beat, often having to sacrifice the style of play to a more pragmatic one.

Clearly Arteta has seen the team as being too easy to be got at, and thus changed his structure and approach. No real criticism of that imo.

However, what he has done since is to adopt the blatant time-wasting, play-acting tactics that disrupts the play, allows informal touchline coaching/instructions, etc.

This for me is where he has clearly decided to bring such tactics into their game, seeking to help make them more robust as a team. He will feel justified in this change, whereas to supporters of other teams, this is just crude and unacceptable excuses for his win at all costs approach.

Added to the fact that arsenal as a club are clearly one of the main drivers of the PL's constant attacks on City, the hateful 8 letter etc, hypocrisy of their sponsorship alignments etc all add up to a distasteful aura surrounding the club as a whole.

I don't honestly understand why Pep can see behind the mask Arteta wears and still believe him to be a friend.

His actions, and those of the club are pretty shabby imo for a club of their " standing " and with a history of such good football in the past, despite Wenger's constant moans about us.

Last edited:
Ithey are one of the dirtiest, dark arts clubs I've ever seen since the old seventies Leeds team. In total contrast they also play some great football at times, just like Leeds did.
Exactly how Arteta was as a player. Infuriating to watch him dive and cheat but would always leave the boot in, elbow just a snidey wee player who you’d love to kick up in the air back when you could get away with it

But at times he was capable of changing a game on his own.

How many games have Arsenal had a player sent off this season?
Off the top of my head it's at least 3 (out of 8 games), which is an incredibly poor record.
I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta is made to appear before a Premier League panel,to explain to them what is going on with his players .
To thi k he set his players out to injure Rodri, he should be banned

They are a team, but one that plays by numbers. It was interesting to be at the Inter game and then the Arsenal one back to back.

Inter’s press and buildup was on a different level to Arsenal’s. Barella, especially, saw how the buildup had to be each time and it was different each time.

With Arsenal, they’ve obviously been coached very nice passing patterns, but they are the same. If they don’t alter this, they’ll never likely win stuff consistently.

It was the same with the press. When we adapted our build up, Arsenal struggled to get their press right, whereas Inter were onto us far quicker.

Arsenal were clinical against us, but didn’t “deserve” to win/draw. Inter deserved to win, but missed their opportunities.

Arsenal need to loosen up both mentally and tactically. They’re not far off, but they’re too emotional and lose their heads when things don’t go how they planned.

Arsenal are a team of individuals, you can see it from a mile off

City would have got something out of that game with 10 men, Arsenal players looked pissed off by the sending off and the blame will be all his fault, That is the difference from a club that is all together as one, a team

If you are down to ten men you should demand an extra 10% from the 10 players, Not players feeling sorry for themselves and blaming your mate for the sending-off

I don't honestly understand why Pep can see behind the mask Arteta wears and still believe him to be a friend.

His actions, and those of the club are pretty shabby imo for a club of their " standing " and with a history of such good football in the papast.
What is said in public, mostly, bears no relation to what is said behind closed doors.
Platitudes are easy when speaking to the press.

I hate the letter writing cunts and Arteta like everybody else. I was not defending him, them or their tactics but decrying the entitled hysteria of their fans.
They moaned they weren't getting into the top four or competing for the title, now they are. They were fed up of being seen as a soft touch now they're far from it. In fact they are one of the dirtiest, dark arts clubs I've ever seen since the old seventies Leeds team. In total contrast they also play some great football at times, just like Leeds did.

Yesterday was one of those days every top team cops, including us. Missing a couple of key players and not quite on it after yet another international break, then reduced to ten men. Bournemouth can be a tough place to get a win, as we found out last season when they gave us a torrid time but we sneaked one. If Martinelli tucks that chance away they would have totally shut up shop and probably won. Arteta explained afterwards that in the other games when they had ten men and drew, they were winning when they had a man sent off so didn't have to push for anything and therefore defended deeper.

I don't think he's lucky Pep is here he's unlucky, just like Klopp was and to a lesser extent Mourhino at the rags. Liverpool attained an incredible amount of points for two seasons but were pipped by ourselves who were relentless. Mourhino actually said his greatest achievement was finishing second to us given how good we were. To say Arsenal bottled their title challenges is to downplay how exceptional we have been. They were just worn down by a ruthless superb side, us.

I do think,however, that if they don't win anything this season their fans will want a change. We are probably at our weakest now with the loss of Rodri. Gundo and Kev aren't getting any younger, nor is Walker at the back.Yes we're right up there but there have been some worrying signs, notably against Fulham and Brentford at home who dominated us for long periods and had us hanging on at the end. Liverpool look strong again and Villa could be a threat. Chelsea are also dark horses. A mixed bag at the moment but if it suddenly clicks they could be right in the mix. Arsenal might just find their chance has gone.
As much a I hated Revie's dirty Leeds, I don’t ever remember them time-wasting like cheating Arsenal do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.