Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Firstly we won the Cup Winners Cup and secondly there's a strong argument to be said that the Arsenal side that remained unbeaten and had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Cole, Campbell etc in it was a superior team to the current City team.

But we'll never find out. But for sure neither City nor Arsenal will have a side that's better than the peak Pep Barcelona side with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta etc.
Both City and Pep's Barcelona won a Champions League and a treble. So Arsenal aren't even part of the conversation.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but why was arteta that scared that he brought on another centre half when saliba was sent off at 0-0.
If city were playing against Bournemouth with a back 4 of walker, akanji, Dias and gvardiol and akanji was sent off at 0-0, I'm pretty sure pep would just go to a back 3 at least until we went ahead.
In his defence they are not as good as City.

Went into work tonight a few reds and a scouser in there . All adamant that our goal should have been ruled out surprise surprise . They were all being genuine as well.All saying he was offside and not understanding the rules of the game in that he wasn’t in line of the sight of the keeper . I like to think I’m impartial to City but yesterdays goal is no debate. It clearly should stand and anyone who thinks otherwise is clutching at straws . I’m completely baffled of the outrage .
the day a rag tries to explain offside to me after the rashford debacle is the day i punch them in the face

Arsenal's biggest problem is Arteta himself, he is mentally fragile and prone to hysteria when things are not right for him.
His club have an absolutely abysmal disciplinary record, which means he either hasn't got the control over them that he should have or that it's part of some weird tactical battle he has going on in his head. Either way it shows a weakness that a professional football manager should not have. Under his leadership Arsenal have adapted the Dipper perspective of always being the victims and refusing to accept responsibility for their own errors.
And despite the amount of money they have spent they still fall back on the dark arts in order to get through 90-odd minutes of football.

Somewhere beneath that strange, cube-like bonce of his there is a decent, personable man who perhaps would have done well to cut his teeth in the lower leagues before taking the hot seat of a Prem club. But I really do feel at this moment in time that he is doomed to failure because of this odd, pessimistic streak that he has, and that he seems to have passed on to his players.

Arsenal's biggest problem is Arteta himself, he is mentally fragile and prone to hysteria when things are not right for him.
His club have an absolutely abysmal disciplinary record, which means he either hasn't got the control over them that he should have or that it's part of some weird tactical battle he has going on in his head. Either way it shows a weakness that a professional football manager should not have. Under his leadership Arsenal have adapted the Dipper perspective of always being the victims and refusing to accept responsibility for their own errors.
And despite the amount of money they have spent they still fall back on the dark arts in order to get through 90-odd minutes of football.

Somewhere beneath that strange, cube-like bonce of his there is a decent, personable man who perhaps would have done well to cut his teeth in the lower leagues before taking the hot seat of a Prem club. But I really do feel at this moment in time that he is doomed to failure because of this odd, pessimistic streak that he has, and that he seems to have passed on to his players.
I think you are spot on, Arteta’s over the top intensity borders on hysteria, and he is transmitting it to his players. How else do you explain the awful decision making by three hugely experienced international players, resulting in the recent red cards. All completely avoidable.
It is often overlooked what a total snide Arteta was as a player, diving, waving imaginary cards around, goading supporters. Precisely the same mentality he displays now as a coach.

Went into work tonight a few reds and a scouser in there . All adamant that our goal should have been ruled out surprise surprise . They were all being genuine as well.All saying he was offside and not understanding the rules of the game in that he wasn’t in line of the sight of the keeper . I like to think I’m impartial to City but yesterdays goal is no debate. It clearly should stand and anyone who thinks otherwise is clutching at straws . I’m completely baffled of the outrage .
Right across Super Sunday, Match of the Day 2, the Football Show, Monday Nught Football and hearing what’s been said on the radio, the only pundit out of about a dozen on TV and radio who said it wasn’t a goal was Micah Richards just after the game had finished and even he’d changed his mind by the end of the Lpool-Chels game.

It’s clearly their (and Micah’s) bias that is clouding their judgement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.