Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Well I think Arsenal can and will go again, but you're correct about pundits having a short memory, as if City will suddenly forget everything they've done to win 4 PLs on the bounce and start to crumble! Isn't gonna happen. City are the team in possession and it will take an almighty effort to overhaul them. I think when Liverpool did it they win pretty much all their matches for the 1st half of the season. Might take something like that.

As an aside, Arsenal's transfer policy over the last 12 months seems to be based on signing tall players with exceptional hair. Someone pointed out on an Arsenal group that Iniesta kept Arteta out of the Spain national side and that Arteta is compensating by signing only tall players with great hair!!!
But thats my point thats just what you think, theres not a massive body of work to suggest it, we have been there or thereabouts for 10 seasons ish now arsenal have for 2 there isnt a massive body of work to suggest u can and will apart from the fans and some pundits really want you too. Im not saying you wont im just saying the reasoning is the same reasoning that the rags and dippers have for their entitlement in that you were once good and you're almost there so it will happen and it might but theres as much reason to think it wont as it will.

But thats my point thats just what you think, theres not a massive body of work to suggest it, we have been there or thereabouts for 10 seasons ish now arsenal have for 2 there isnt a massive body of work to suggest u can and will apart from the fans and some pundits really want you too. Im not saying you wont im just saying the reasoning is the same reasoning that the rags and dippers have for their entitlement in that you were once good and you're almost there so it will happen and it might but theres as much reason to think it wont as it will.
Yep agreed. There's no logic in the argument that this year is Arsenal's year. City haven't declined and Arsenal haven't signed peak Messi. So logic would dictate it will be pretty similar to last year and small details, injuries etc may decide it.

Yep agreed. There's no logic in the argument that this year is Arsenal's year. City haven't declined and Arsenal haven't signed peak Messi. So logic would dictate it will be pretty similar to last year and small details, injuries etc may decide it.

You've got to have that inkling that it COULD be your year though, you've done well the last 2 years.

For what it's worth I would rather it be you than those rag or scouse cunts.

How has your tactical approach changed this season? If it’s the same approach, but with slightly different personnel, it gives teams more of a chance of shutting you out.

Pep seems to evolve each season, from pacy wingers to inverted playmakers, inverted fullbacks to false centre backs.

That seems to be as important to our success as anything else.

You've got to have that inkling that it COULD be your year though, you've done well the last 2 years.

For what it's worth I would rather it be you than those rag or scouse cunts.
Yeah it COULD be our year, but like I just pointed out on another thread, there's no mystery about City. Put simply City are a team of excellent technical players who are superbly coached and have a hardcore winning mentality. To overcome them you need to be better than City at all 3. Not easy at all! The one thing Pep needs to keep an eye on is the hardcore winning mentality, to make sure that hunger remains, as the player ability and coaching ability is unquestioned.

So far Pep's managed to keep the winning mentality there and whenever you sense he feels the team are getting complacent he tends to come out with a public statement ti the effect that they will be on thin ice if he even gets a whiff of them not going full tilt, and that tends to have the desired response.

I think Arsenal have the hunger and desire that City do. I think they also have excellent technical players. At the moment though it's clear than whilst Arteta is an excellent coach, he isn't Pep (nobody is) and that's the big challenge for Arsenal.

How has your tactical approach changed this season? If it’s the same approach, but with slightly different personnel, it gives teams more of a chance of shutting you out.

Pep seems to evolve each season, from pacy wingers to inverted playmakers, inverted fullbacks to false centre backs.

That seems to be as important to our success as anything else.
Arteta has evolved each season - this year if you look at the acquisitions of Calafiori and Merino, both of which can play on the left I think he'll try to make us more of a threat on both flanks instead of relying on Saka on the right and worldie passes from Odegard in the middle. We were pretty lightweight on the left last season as Martinelli wasn't great.

I think there will be a lot more ball carrying from defence into attack on the left this season and to transition faster to beat the low blocks evergone plays against us (and which City have had to deal with for over 5 years already). But it will be evolution rather than revolution.

Arteta has evolved each season - this year if you look at the acquisitions of Calafiori and Merino, both of which can play on the left I think he'll try to make us more of a threat on both flanks instead of relying on Saka on the right and worldie passes from Odegard in the middle. We were pretty lightweight on the left next season.

I think there will be a lot more ball carrying from defence into attack on the left this season and to transition faster to beat the low blocks evergone plays against us (and which City have had to deal with for over 5 years already). But it will be evolution rather than evolution.
That’ll be what defines the season really. Perhaps you need a Saka backup that is right footed and can beat a man on the outside too.

Not sure you need a mega striker as you score enough goals, but they can’t hurt if any become available.

He's a defensive midfielder. That's like saying Rodri is shite because he's only scored 21 goals in 174 games for Man City where loads more goals are scored than in other teams!
Nothing to do with his goal scoring record.
More about the amount of games he has played in 207 since 2017.
Who's position is he taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.