Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

He looked fairly decent at the Euros and might be a good buy for them but seems a weird one to make.

They've got zinchenko who will demand playing time at arsenal, thats the whole reason he dropped down a level from us and then timber who they spent a fortune on last summer for him to have that unfortunate nasty acl injury which cost him a season.

that's 2 left backs already that will consider themselves 1st choice then they've got a settled cb pair that don't seem to pick up many injuries have also have cover with the likes of kiwor, tomoyashu and white.

Just feels like it wasn't a priority area for them at all. they've a far greater need for a dm and striker. Having spent a lot on this guy and Raya already this season and working with absolutely mammoth spending in each of the last 2 seasons prior effecting PSR and with very little coming in, there can't be much leeway for them to go buy what they really need now.

View attachment 126907

Erm you sure about that?

Does he think they've won the league for the past two years?

Mind you they did win the big one last August. It was that big it took two of them to carry it.
To be fair, it says it's the best project for him if he wants to win trophies and it probably is because the teams that actually win trophies weren't interested so eventual runners up and an imaginary title win for 8 months leading up to it is his best option.

He looked fairly decent at the Euros and might be a good buy for them but seems a weird one to make.

They've got zinchenko who will demand playing time at arsenal, thats the whole reason he dropped down a level from us and then timber who they spent a fortune on last summer for him to have that unfortunate nasty acl injury which cost him a season.

that's 2 left backs already that will consider themselves 1st choice then they've got a settled cb pair that don't seem to pick up many injuries have also have cover with the likes of kiwor, tomoyashu and white.

Just feels like it wasn't a priority area for them at all. they've a far greater need for a dm and striker. Having spent a lot on this guy and Raya already this season and working with absolutely mammoth spending in each of the last 2 seasons prior effecting PSR and with very little coming in, there can't be much leeway for them to go buy what they really need now.

To be fair, it says it's the best project for him if he wants to win trophies and it probably is because the teams that actually win trophies weren't interested so eventual runners up and an imaginary title win for 8 months leading up to it is his best option.
Zinchenko isn't a starter and wasn't last season. He'll either be sold or have to be happy being a reserve.

Other teams that were in for Calafiori were Real, Juve, Bayern, Dippers and Chelsea. He chose Arsenal because Arteta presented a clear plan. Increasing his salary 5x probably helped as well.....

He's more likely to win titles at Arsenal than any other PL side apart from City. Arsenal improving their squad will get them closer. With Merino of Spain and Gyokeres of Sweden joining I think for sure they've improved. I suspect City will need to improve vs last season to retain the PL btw.

A sign of Arteta's thinking is already being outlined in pre season lectures. Take a look at the presentation below. 'Arsenal 2.4'. I was wondering what the heck that was all about - the 2.4. Then I divided the 91 points City got against 38 games!1000013380.jpg

Zinchenko isn't a starter and wasn't last season. He'll either be sold or have to be happy being a reserve.
That's just blatantly not true pal. 38 matches and he started in 20 of them last season.

You might not have wanted him to be a starter last season but he was one in over half of your league games.

Other teams that were in for Calafiori were Real, Juve, Bayern, Dippers and Chelsea. He chose Arsenal because Arteta presented a clear plan. Increasing his salary 5x probably helped as well.....

He's more likely to win titles at Arsenal than any other PL side apart from City. Arsenal improving their squad will get them closer. With Merino of Spain and Gyokeres of Sweden joining I think for sure they've improved. I suspect City will need to improve vs last season to retain the PL btw.

A sign of Arteta's thinking is already being outlined in pre season lectures. Take a look at the presentation below. 'Arsenal 2.4'. I was wondering what the heck that was all about - the 2.4. Then I divided the 91 points City got against 38 games!View attachment 126912
2 years you have been on here and you still havent learned have you to not drink the koolaid, i get it you're an arsenal fan but you really have to stop shooting your bolt to early and if you genuinely believe that real and bayern were seriously in for this guy and he chose arsenal then you're even madder than i thought.

2 years you have been on here and you still havent learned have you to not drink the koolaid, i get it you're an arsenal fan but you really have to stop shooting your bolt to early and if you genuinely believe that real and bayern were seriously in for this guy and he chose arsenal then you're even madder than i thought.

That's just blatantly not true pal. 38 matches and he started in 20 of them last season.

You might not have wanted him to be a starter last season but he was one in over half of your league games.
Yeah I checked the stats and you're right. He played a lot more than I thought. That being said we had injuries to Tomiyasu so it was perhaps more out of necessity - what I'll say is left back was a clear problem area for us (even though we had the best defence last season) so I'm pretty sure a fit Calafiori gets that slot as Zinchenko is prone to making mistakes and isn't at the same standard as the rest of the defenders.

you're genuinely quoting sky sports as a source, come on i wouldnt trust the date on there, but hey if it makes you feel better that you beat real madrid to a signing you have it, you can go and celebrate with your united friends with the we have more pull than real madrid trophy.

Arsenal seem hell bent on “buying the title” in 2025! Wonder if anyone in the media will discuss this? Arteta has spent a fortune, but as a Yank club with Middle East and African sponsors, they seem immune to any negativity.

Anyway, Arteta has clearly been told to buy what he needs and make it as young as possible. Not sure what their PSR/FFP profile looks like, but if Arsenal, Chelsea and United weren’t splashing the cash, there would be almost no transfer talk this pre-season!

Arsenal seem hell bent on “buying the title” in 2025! Wonder if anyone in the media will discuss this? Arteta has spent a fortune, but as a Yank club with Middle East and African sponsors, they seem immune to any negativity.

Anyway, Arteta has clearly been told to buy what he needs and make it as young as possible. Not sure what their PSR/FFP profile looks like, but if Arsenal, Chelsea and United weren’t splashing the cash, there would be almost no transfer talk this pre-season!
London club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.