Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

you're genuinely quoting sky sports as a source, come on i wouldnt trust the date on there, but hey if it makes you feel better that you beat real madrid to a signing you have it, you can go and celebrate with your united friends with the we have more pull than real madrid trophy.
I don't think we have more pull overall than Real Madrid of course, but it also depends on the player. If a player wants to play in the PL then Arsenal is probably the 2nd best proposition. Man City weren't in for Calafiori so Arsenal it was. Real being in may have been irrelevant if the lad wants to play in the best league. Plus he knows he's a good chance of being a starter.

Last edited:
Arsenal seem hell bent on “buying the title” in 2025! Wonder if anyone in the media will discuss this? Arteta has spent a fortune, but as a Yank club with Middle East and African sponsors, they seem immune to any negativity.

Anyway, Arteta has clearly been told to buy what he needs and make it as young as possible. Not sure what their PSR/FFP profile looks like, but if Arsenal, Chelsea and United weren’t splashing the cash, there would be almost no transfer talk this pre-season!
Arsenal have to sell players as well and they have already recouped around £40m in transfers, plus Ramsdale, Kivior and Nketieh are likely to leave and there's probably another c£70m there as well.

I don't think we have more pull overall than Real Madrid of course, but it also depends on the player. If a player wants to play in the PL then Arsenal is probably the 2nd best proposition. Man City weren't in for Calafiori so Arsenal it was. Real being in may have been irrelevant if the lad wants to play in the best league.
i dont even think we can lay claim to having the best league anymore, thats very much marketing nonsense, hes a decent player who has a couple of good games at the euros we will see what transpires with him but the fact remains you're going to early again with nothing to base it on apart from a couple of second place finishes which is endemic of arsenal really and harking back to the fourth place trophy years, the theory is that we drop off the pace and arsenal get better and theres nothing really to back that up, by all metrics we didnt play well last year, we were missing one of our most influential players for over half the season, our main striker was out for ten games and plenty of other niggling injuries and arsenal still couldnt get it done so you think you guys would learn to wait and see rather than crowing on about how we have to improve past arsenal to retain the trophy, you know the one we have won four times on the spin.

Let me tell you how we are likely to improve, historically city players always fair better under pep in their second season so watch out for doku and gvardiol to really step up, that was fodens first full year in that roll as number ten and look what he did what do you think he will do now hes comfy, bobb looks absolutely ready to step up and be a first teamer and thats just to name a couple, so while i respect that arsenal have had a couple of good seasons and signed what may turn out to be a good player lets have some respect put on our achievements.

i dont even think we can lay claim to having the best league anymore, thats very much marketing nonsense, hes a decent player who has a couple of good games at the euros we will see what transpires with him but the fact remains you're going to early again with nothing to base it on apart from a couple of second place finishes which is endemic of arsenal really and harking back to the fourth place trophy years, the theory is that we drop off the pace and arsenal get better and theres nothing really to back that up, by all metrics we didnt play well last year, we were missing one of our most influential players for over half the season, our main striker was out for ten games and plenty of other niggling injuries and arsenal still couldnt get it done so you think you guys would learn to wait and see rather than crowing on about how we have to improve past arsenal to retain the trophy, you know the one we have won four times on the spin.

Let me tell you how we are likely to improve, historically city players always fair better under pep in their second season so watch out for doku and gvardiol to really step up, that was fodens first full year in that roll as number ten and look what he did what do you think he will do now hes comfy, bobb looks absolutely ready to step up and be a first teamer and thats just to name a couple, so while i respect that arsenal have had a couple of good seasons and signed what may turn out to be a good player lets have some respect put on our achievements.
I really don't think there's a lack of respect put on City's achievements. Certainly not from an Arsenal perspective - any interview with Arteta or the Arsenal players about City and they are clear that City is their benchmark and what they aspire to get to.

The Rags and Dippers will have a different view based on a different type of rivalry but City could get 114 points and those 2 clubs would still cast aspertions. My comment about City improving was that Arsenal will be better this season than last, so City will also need to be, not that City won't! I'd fully expect City to improve - in particular I think Gvardiol is going to be an absolute monster. In a way it's good that this situation exists as it forces the teams to keep getting better and improving. This isn't a farmer's league despite what some people say.

I really don't think there's a lack of respect put on City's achievements. Certainly not from an Arsenal perspective - any interview with Arteta or the Arsenal players about City and they are clear that City is their benchmark and what they aspire to get to.

The Rags and Dippers will have a different view based on a different type of rivalry but City could get 114 points and those 2 clubs would still cast aspertions. My comment about City improving was that Arsenal will be better this season than last, so City will also need to be, not that City won't! I'd fully expect City to improve - in particular I think Gvardiol is going to be an absolute monster. In a way it's good that this situation exists as it forces the teams to keep getting better and improving. This isn't a farmer's league despite what some people say.
Genuine question, what is that based upon, cos you want them to be?

Arsenal seem hell bent on “buying the title” in 2025! Wonder if anyone in the media will discuss this? Arteta has spent a fortune, but as a Yank club with Middle East and African sponsors, they seem immune to any negativity.

Anyway, Arteta has clearly been told to buy what he needs and make it as young as possible. Not sure what their PSR/FFP profile looks like, but if Arsenal, Chelsea and United weren’t splashing the cash, there would be almost no transfer talk this pre-season!
There will be nothing but positivity toward any club they think can challenge City. ABC.

I think that is a very entitled comment you've made, There's no guarantees in football, It's not set in stone that Arsenal will be better than they were last season, Arsenal had there best ever points tally last season and you automatically think they'll top that next season...Wow.

We've seen numerous teams over the years finish second on a good points tally and looking like they are making headway to a league title, The following season it all goes to shit. You have to remember Arsenal got extremely lucky last season with avoiding injuries, That might not be the case next season.

If Arsenal lost one or two games on the spin or even drew three games on the trot for example, The Arsenal fans would be on Artetas back and things can go pear shaped fairly quickly in football.

Genuine question, what is that based upon, cos you want them to be?
Well for the same reason you outlined that some City players would be better this season vs last, the same applies to Arsenal surely? Plus squad additions that genuinely increase the level of the 1st team.

Well for the same reason you outlined that some City players would be better this season vs last, the same applies to Arsenal surely? Plus squad additions that genuinely increase the level of the 1st team.
historically it has been proven that city players are better in their second season under pep and there is numbers there to back that up, there isnt the same data there with arsenal to show that so the same argument doesnt really apply and the new players thing is a wild card at best some new players absolutely make the first team better other players not so much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.