Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

historically it has been proven that city players are better in their second season under pep and there is numbers there to back that up, there isnt the same data there with arsenal to show that so the same argument doesnt really apply and the new players thing is a wild card at best some new players absolutely make the first team better other players not so much.
Well only one way to find out!

Arsenal have to sell players as well and they have already recouped around £40m in transfers, plus Ramsdale, Kivior and Nketieh are likely to leave and there's probably another c£70m there as well.
We’ll see. ESR becoming Fulham’s record signing is a bit of a joke, isn’t it?!

Well only one way to find out!
EXACTLY! So maybe learn to keep your powder dry and sing it from the rooftops when/if it happens.

Remember all your "we won the Charity Shield" nonsense from last season and how you all celebrated it like it was the first step on the ladder to the title? Remind me how that panned out? Oh yeah, you bottled it, AGAIN. :)

Cockneys, man, they NEVER fucking learn!

I don't think we have more pull overall than Real Madrid of course, but it also depends on the player. If a player wants to play in the PL then Arsenal is probably the 2nd best proposition. Man City weren't in for Calafiori so Arsenal it was. Real being in may have been irrelevant if the lad wants to play in the best league. Plus he knows he's a good chance of being a starter.
If Real Madrid were in for Calafiori, where do you genuinely believe he would be playing next season?

I don't think we have more pull overall than Real Madrid of course, but it also depends on the player. If a player wants to play in the PL then Arsenal is probably the 2nd best proposition. Man City weren't in for Calafiori so Arsenal it was. Real being in may have been irrelevant if the lad wants to play in the best league. Plus he knows he's a good chance of being a starter.
Yes, the PL itself is the major pull. Somebody please tell them not to hobble it with silly regs.

EXACTLY! So maybe learn to keep your powder dry and sing it from the rooftops when/if it happens.

Remember all your "we won the Charity Shield" nonsense from last season and how you all celebrated it like it was the first step on the ladder to the title? Remind me how that panned out? Oh yeah, you bottled it, AGAIN. :)

Cockneys, man, they NEVER fucking learn!
Unfair. Arsenal lost one crucial game on the run in and we beat Spurs, just. It was that tight. No bottling involved, imho.

Unfair. Arsenal lost one crucial game on the run in and we beat Spurs. It was that tight. No bottling involved, imho.
For once I have to agree with an Arsenal fan. The weekend of 14 April, Villa and Palace did City a massive favour. That was the only time Arsenal - and I have to say unexpectedly- dropped points in the run in. I am eternally grateful to Villa for that.....

Arsenal however did actually bottle it 22/23
all their own doing and inexperience.

For once I have to agree with an Arsenal fan. The weekend of 14 April, Villa and Palace did City a massive favour. That was the only time Arsenal - and I have to say unexpectedly- dropped points in the run in. I am eternally grateful to Villa for that.....

Imo, both Arsenal and Liverpool lost the best chance of winning the title when we were away playing WCC, they should of built up more of a buffer which would have applied more pressure on us.

Unfair. Arsenal lost one crucial game on the run in and we beat Spurs, just. It was that tight. No bottling involved, imho.
That's mental, my mind's obviously playing tricks on me, again.

I had (incorrect) memories of them drawing three of their games in April and opening the door for us to slide past them. Getting my years mixed up. I'll hold my hands up to being wrong.

I still stand by my assessment that cockneys are mouthy gas bags who celebrate too soon though, surely you can let me have that one? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.