Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

I think this everybody is against us, appeal for everything, complain about anything is a noticeable tactic that Arteta has been deploying for the past 2 seasons, since officials started to cut down on the time wasting (well to some extent).

Issue is, Arsenal are being rightfully punished so far this season, they have the joint most yellow cards because they've made the 2nd most fouls.

1000013351.jpg1000013353.jpg

The referee had a decent game yesterday, this panning of the referee amongst their fan base was developed by Arteta. That ridiculous statement they put out last year was always heading in this direction.

They have to learn to take ownership when their player does something daft. When Rodri was sent off against Forest last year, some of us thought it was harsh but we all agreed that Rodri gave the referee a decision to make.

I thought it was a really poor decision to send Rice off for that, Kavanagh is from my hometown (Ashton under Lyne) and I believe he's a Dipper supporter but his brother is a Blue.

Fun fact, same town where Geoff Hurst and Simone Perrotta, both World Cup winners were born, Angela Rayner is the MP, Ross Brawn was brought up there and I played in the same House Football team at Hartshead School with ex Everton and Arsenal player Trevor Ross, if you're old enough to remember him.
Jimmy Armfield is a Denton lad as is Paul Lake.

Well today was a reality check. It's not disastrous - vs last season and the fixtures played we're a point up but the facts are we weren't brilliant before the red. The red was perhaps a bit harsh but Rice is an absolute moron for putting the ref in a position where he can make such a decision so it's not something that can be argued with

Fact is Rice has been crap since the last month of last season and maybe the rest will do him good. We've got some tough matches coming up- Spurs away, then Atalanta away and then City away, all in the space of 7 days. Realistically we need to beat Spurs and get something at the Etihad.

City have won all their games but are definitely gettable at the back however we aren't firing on all cylinders and build up is a bit slow. Odegaard hasn't really sparked either. Hate to say it but its not as if Arteta wasnt warned that he needs a decent striker.

At the moment I'd say we look like a Top 4 team not a title contender- both City and Liverpool have looked better.

It is very early days though and people are getting ahead of themselves so early on making predictions.
It can't be won in September, but it can be lost by October.

Spuds, Atlantic & City all away next

IMO....R Teta is part of the problem not part of the answer.

Klipperty is still floating around like the turd that won't flush !!

I think this everybody is against us, appeal for everything, complain about anything is a noticeable tactic that Arteta has been deploying for the past 2 seasons, since officials started to cut down on the time wasting (well to some extent).

Issue is, Arsenal are being rightfully punished so far this season, they have the joint most yellow cards because they've made the 2nd most fouls.

View attachment 130330View attachment 130331

The referee had a decent game yesterday, this panning of the referee amongst their fan base was developed by Arteta. That ridiculous statement they put out last year was always heading in this direction.

They have to learn to take ownership when their player does something daft. When Rodri was sent off against Forest last year, some of us thought it was harsh but we all agreed that Rodri gave the referee a decision to make.
Think Pep was pissed off because I'm sure he warns the players to be careful when Altrincham s finest is charge.
Like the Arse yesterday it's the consistency, the Joe Linton incident on the Bournemouth goalie was far worse yet deemed a yellow.

Cast your mind back to the community shield versus Arse last year when Alvarez was booked for kicking the ball away…soft booking and Rice’s was no different
Both were bookings. 100% correct decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.