Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

The proof of the pudding will be next week I guess but we don't look anything like ready for a premier league campaign judging from yesterday, unless we deliberately went out there to play shit. It's a glorified friendly but a prestigious one and we gave an awful account of ourselves. Having said that, we were awful against the rags a few seasons ago and went on to win the league. I won't be bothering going down there again for another charity shield when I can watch that standard at my local park for free.

Disappointing performance but not unexpected given our pre-season preparation.
IMO clearly showed one team has a better quality squad .
Hope we have better luck with injuries and suspensions this season otherwise we won't be contesting this "trophy" as winners of anything next time.

Ready or not,our title defence starts now.
CTID

Blue Elvis said:
Disappointing performance but not unexpected given our pre-season preparation.
IMO clearly showed one team has a better quality squad .
Hope we have better luck with injuries and suspensions this season otherwise we won't be contesting this "trophy" as winners of anything next time.

Ready or not,our title defence starts now.
CTID

How did it show that?

Still in London. Doing miss Saigon tonight (oooo er!) as pay back to Mrs HOTM. Great day yesterday, apart from the result. Second half we started to click. Will be at Newcastle on Sunday. They are buzzing with new signings. We could get turned over due to lack of pre season for main team. Not sure what we have been thinking in the way it has been done. We may have had our hands tied but not expecting too much in the first month of the season.

cleavers said:
I've only seen a short montage from yesterday, but did anyone see Greg Dyke celebrating when they got the shield.

What a complete arse that fella is (certainly no pun intended).
That's because Greg dyke is a dirty rag c*nt

Marvin said:
Pathetic turnout from City fans. Embarrassing

You best not go next time then because I very much doubt there will be more than 10,000 there after yesterday.

It was lack of transport options that put me off yesterday. I drive all week in my job, so couldn't be arsed doing another 400 miles yesterday, coaches are just not for me and the lack of train options was the decider.

However, having watched that, I won't be bothering again next time and by the sounds of it many others won't either.

I actually think 18000 turnout is good for a friendly anyway.

My first time i go in England to support ManCity (i live in France). Really poor performance but thanks city supporters you were amazing. You support your team and Arsenal booed nasri more than they support their team. Hope to go at Etihad one day !

(Bad englando sry ^~^)

Didn't enjoy my day at all to be honest. I convinced my dad that we should go to this as well, he wasn't up for it at all. Drove down in shocking conditions, had a few beers in the ground at mental prices, watched us get ripped a new arse hole and then drove home miserable! haha.

Can't blame any City fan for not going yesterday, those of us who did spent good money to watch our reserves. There's two of us who won't be going again.

How can it be right that Arsenal fans sit on the tube for twenty minutes to get to the game yet us blues have to drive 200 miles? Fuck that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.