Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

bgblue said:
cleavers said:
I've only seen a short montage from yesterday, but did anyone see Greg Dyke celebrating when they got the shield.

What a complete arse that fella is (certainly no pun intended).
That's because Greg dyke is a dirty rag c*nt
I'm aware of that, he's a slimy bastard too, but since when have rags celebrated like that when arsenal win ?

Eccles Blue said:
Well, I've had a great weekend. The only downside was not winning. I thought the makeshift team we put out wasn't too bad, they've not really played together before properly so what did we expect? Wasn't overly impressed with the goalkeeper but we've got Joe Hart. Apart from getting soaked in the sudden torrential downpour the weather was great. When it comes around next season I'll be back. It will be City at Wembley so bring them on!

And today I leave London travelling First class because I booked very, very early as it was CITY AT WEMBLEY!!! I've waited years for this & I'm going to keep on enjoying CITY AT WEMBLEY!! Plus every other match City play!

Just my humble two pen'north!!! :-)

Just reading through the thread and your post made we want to cheer!! Well said EB

cleavers said:
bgblue said:
cleavers said:
I've only seen a short montage from yesterday, but did anyone see Greg Dyke celebrating when they got the shield.

What a complete arse that fella is (certainly no pun intended).
That's because Greg dyke is a dirty rag c*nt
I'm aware of that, he's a slimy bastard too, but since when have rags celebrated like that when arsenal win ?
Since city rip them a new arsehole each time we play them, so the champions of england getting beat makes them happy.
Small time c*nts

YaYa said:
Didn't enjoy my day at all to be honest. I convinced my dad that we should go to this as well, he wasn't up for it at all. Drove down in shocking conditions, had a few beers in the ground at mental prices, watched us get ripped a new arse hole and then drove home miserable! haha.

Can't blame any City fan for not going yesterday, those of us who did spent good money to watch our reserves. There's two of us who won't be going again.

How can it be right that Arsenal fans sit on the tube for twenty minutes to get to the game yet us blues have to drive 200 miles? Fuck that!

After yesterday I said I wont go to CS again,players didnt seem to give a fcuk bar Silva,Fernando and Zuculini,but know I will.

It was a 2nd string (and at some points 4th string) side trying to get back to fitness against a near full-strength Arsenal team.

Wasn't expecting anything else, hence why I didn't go yesterday. Hence why I didn't go to Villa Park. It's a friendly. I've not watched any if our friendlies this summer because they're pointless, only watched this one because it was on TV.

We controlled a lot of the second half but just lacked mental awareness and fitness to nab a goal. We'll have our first XI back next week so if should be entirely different.

Remember though, we were 8th in November last season and won the title. Stop flapping.

Reflections from yesterday the morning ater the night before. We put out a 2nd string and ended the game with Richards, Boyata, Sinclair and Bruno on the pitch which I can't imagine will ever happen again. Arsenal had a far stronger side out throughout the game and the result was inevitable. We had 10 (including Mangala) players missing how many did Arsenal have missing. How many of our starting line up and how many of thiers will start the first game of the season. That was the difference. The game did tell us a few things though:- Boyata is not good enough to play premier league football for City as things stand at the moment and I am not sure he ever will be. Yaya, Nando and Nasri aren't match fit yet, Clichy is not a right back, Nasty looks composed on the ball but lacks in concentration, Edin's work rate still isn't good enough, Jovetic looks sharp but lacks a yard of pace and Navas couldn't be bothered tracking back. Silva looks to be carrying a few pounds and Arsenal fans are all giddy at the prospect of winning the quadruple. All in all though it was a good day out even if the drive down was shit because of the weather. And it alsoshows that this game should be played at a neutral ground halfway in between both clubs. I wonder how many Arse fans would have travelled North if the game was at the the rag's ground.

It was all a ploy to lengthen our odds of winning the PL..........only problem is the bookies don't seem to have bought it, I wonder why

Clearly we only half a team out and were deservedly beaten.

First two goals were directly as a result of having a second string back four on - no consequence for the season ahead

We didn't get going till second half at which point it became an even competition

Third goal was just a great strike - these things happen - Yaya and Samir's goals against Sunderland were similar - no complaints

Oh and I walked out when Sinclair came on.

Footnote: A (full) pint of bitter reached a new price record yesterday - £6.53 - (4 cans in 3 pint pots = £19.60 - RIP OFF)

I just don't get the doom and gloom surrounding the result on Sunday, we dominated possession and had more shots at goal.If that's the best Arsenal can do then they are no fucking problem whatsoever. They had one effort on goal second half and that was a deflected goal-how the fuck did Giroud get MOM?

We had two CB's who started who never fucking play together, a LB playing at RB so the result was hardly surprising.Arsenal have come across as smalltime-Ramsey saying we don't choke in big games anymore-big game my fucking arse you plonker.

Just want to say a big well done to the blues that travelled yesterday never driven in such bad rain for so many hours before absolutely scary .especially the bit when we went sunny day to zero visisability in 5 seconds !!
As a club we do so many good things but yesterday the club took their eye off the ball for me .the club knew about trains and would have known by previous sales patterns on day one what are turnout was likely to be .but yet did nothing .why did they not lay transport on and subsidise buy an adult cat 4 ticket kid free or something like that ? We go on promotional tours .build pitches take over clubs etc etc to build the club yet overlook the next generation mancs ? There shouldn't be a youngster supporting city that hasn't been to Wembley after yesterday .and don't blame the prices as they were brilliant at £20 adult £10 kids .think we need to look a lot nearer to home before we go global first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.