Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Rasher said:
Not just because of the result but because I just do not get the Community Shield any more, that was my last visit to Wembley for that game. That's all l!!!!!!
Precisely if the Management are not bothered why should we?

It should be over 2 legs, home and away.

I'm sure both the Etihad and the Emirates would have been full. That's over 100,000 fans. You do the maths.

jrb said:

I'm sure both the Etihad and the Emirates would have been full. That's over 100,000 fans. You do the maths.

2 legs? Jesus, it should be no legs. Waste of time and money. Play a match behind closed doors and we can all save our money.

gocity said:
Rasher said:
Not just because of the result but because I just do not get the Community Shield any more, that was my last visit to Wembley for that game. That's all l!!!!!!
Precisely if the Management are not bothered why should we?
I think they were but it did not take precedence over the League games. Arsenal were ahead of us because they have to be with their Champions League play offs

My biggest fear isn't match fitness it's attitude.

We have world class players, a world class training team, who work at a world class training facility. If the players aren't fit because of the WC something is wrong. If memory serves me, Zab is the only player who played in every match possible at the WC (a whopping 7 matches).

The season after the first PL title the squad seemed lethargic and apathetic. 0 silverware was the result and it cost Mancini his job. I'm worried the same thing will happen this year. A "championship hangover".

I'll take a team of 11 Zabalettas over a more talented team of 11 Yayas any day of the week. And I love Yaya. When we play hard and tough and things don't go our way I can stomach it. When we play like the result doesn't matter I can't fucking stand it.

I'm not worried all that worried about yesterday, but it felt a little like 2 seasons ago. just saying.

jrb said:

should play it approx half way between the 2 clubs, e.g. Villa Park

YaYa said:
Didn't enjoy my day at all to be honest. I convinced my dad that we should go to this as well, he wasn't up for it at all. Drove down in shocking conditions, had a few beers in the ground at mental prices, watched us get ripped a new arse hole and then drove home miserable! haha.

Can't blame any City fan for not going yesterday, those of us who did spent good money to watch our reserves. There's two of us who won't be going again.

How can it be right that Arsenal fans sit on the tube for twenty minutes to get to the game yet us blues have to drive 200 miles? Fuck that!

pretty much spot on.

never again.

NanaToure42 said:

We have world class players, a world class training team, who work at a world class training facility. If the players aren't fit because of the WC something is wrong. If memory serves me, Zab is the only player who played in every match possible at the WC (a whopping 7 matches).

The season after the first PL title the squad seemed lethargic and apathetic. 0 silverware was the result and it cost Mancini his job. I'm worried the same thing will happen this year. A "championship hangover".

I'll take a team of 11 Zabalettas over a more talented team of 11 Yayas any day of the week. And I love Yaya. When we play hard and tough and things don't go our way I can stomach it. When we play like the result doesn't matter I can't fucking stand it.

I'm not worried all that worried about yesterday, but it felt a little like 2 seasons ago. just saying.

Some distinction between attitude and player personnel to be made I would suggest but you do get the impression that a full strength side and that same attitude and the result would be fairly similar.

When you strip away skill what is above the shoulders is what is left and its above the shoulders that more often than not determines the result.

Even if you look at the two sides on Sunday player for player we weren't that far behind in the skill set stakes but in the head there was serious gap in Arsenal's favour.

The result didn't concern me as much as the attitude in the first half.

All to blame but Yaya was in one of those walkabout moments.

mancity1 said:
NanaToure42 said:

Some distinction between attitude and player personnel to be made I would suggest but you do get the impression that a full strength side and that same attitude and the result would be fairly similar.

When you strip away skill what is above the shoulders is what is left and its above the shoulders that more often than not determines the result.

Even if you look at the two sides on Sunday player for player we weren't that far behind in the skill set stakes but in the head there was serious gap in Arsenal's favour.

when the better players see who they are lining up with they think "whats the point" and it showed this on sunday. the newcastle game will see a very different city and a very different yaya.

de niro said:
mancity1 said:
NanaToure42 said:

when the better players see who they are lining up with they think "whats the point" and it showed this on sunday. the newcastle game will see a very different city and a very different yaya.

You hope.

Whatever the importance or irrelevance of Sunday, it is unarguable that perfect preparation is NOT getting spanked 3-0 and then a week later, for Newcastle away, we start 5 or 6 players who haven't played a game for over a month.

It's amateurish preparation for a very difficult start to a new season. If we get away with it and start strongly, then great. If we don't, can anyone really be surprised? I hope to be proven wrong, but I expect will be dog rough for the first few games and will drop stupid points that could and should have been avoided.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.