Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Gray said:
If the game was of no importance to MP and his plans then the fans should have been given fair warning.

It was a home match for Arsenal and a bloody expensive away match for City.

What with the trains not running on the West Coast main line and the awful weather from the remnants of Bertha our fans were brilliant yet again.

This match is a complete waste of time and unless played somewhere between the two qualifying teams is an expensive luxury for most.

I wonder if you are able to opt out if it does not fit in with your pre-season plans?

You were given warning - Pellegrini said last week that quite a few players might not make the start of the season.

Marvin said:
leewill31 said:
Negredo09 said:
The one thing I would like are decent corners. Yesterday we didn't have that much areal fire power (missing Demi, Kompany for example) but our corners failed to get past the first man at times. It was too frustrating. And this has been occurring for a few years now. The only good corner during the match was Sinclairs.

yet we had the highest goals scored from corners last season....
Nevertheless corners were woeful yesterday, and for a team that are normally so good, the comparison is therefore even more worthy of mention

agreed corners were crap yesterday but im not blind enough to not take into account the players that were missing yesterday contributed to us scoring the most corners last season.

leewill31 said:
Negredo09 said:
The one thing I would like are decent corners. Yesterday we didn't have that much areal fire power (missing Demi, Kompany for example) but our corners failed to get past the first man at times. It was too frustrating. And this has been occurring for a few years now. The only good corner during the match was Sinclairs.

and that is a very strange statistic...it was obvious from a lot of games that our corners were woeful. I remeber Sunderland away where we needed that damn equalizer and had a shitload of corners.

I think that we simply scored the most goals off corners because we had the most number of corners, maybe someone could back that up?

I can see why a few people are pissed off like Marvin because he actually went.

I didn't so it didn't piss me off as much, but had I done I wouldn't have been happy with that having made all that effort and spent all that cash to watch that.

I would be amazed if people make the same mistake of going again after that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

I didn't so it didn't piss me off as much, but had I done I wouldn't have been happy with that having made all that effort and spent all that cash to watch that.

Must admit as I have said earlier in this thread I will think twice next,ultimate couldn't give a fcuk performance(Silva,Fernando,Zuculini excepted)from City.Had a great day out but could have done in the pub.

However,I think we could have sung your support if f.....shit to the Arsenal fans.......there were lots of empty seats in their end both on the sides and behind the goal.

I think its also important to note that Arsenal were better prepared and the back half we had combined with Yaya not wanting to stamp his authority on the game which he does from time to time were key factors in a very lack lustre performance from us especially in the first 45 minutes.

We will struggle against most sides with this back four especially if we lose the battle in midfield.

I think City fans that went on Sunday have every right to be pissed off with what they saw considering how much they paid. But the fact is football is a funny old game and that team might have won had they played a bit better. We didn't expect to lose to Wigan in the FA Cup but did... even if the key core players had have played we wouldn't have necessarily played any better. The game was never going to be our priority, as mentioned, Arsenal are peaking for the CL playoffs - it is what they have been targetting all pre-season. Meanwhile we have allowed key players rest time following a long season and World Cup. Next weekend and beyond is when we need to be fit. Most City fans will have known we wouldn't play all our key players but with the World Cup it was an unusually poor performance from City, and quite a mismatch at times with our defensive display.

Pics and comments on the game against Arsenal at Wembley in the Shield game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/cityaugshield14.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/cityaugshield14.htm</a>

bluechampion7891 said:
leewill31 said:
Negredo09 said:

and that is a very strange statistic...it was obvious from a lot of games that our corners were woeful. I remeber Sunderland away where we needed that damn equalizer and had a shitload of corners.

I think that we simply scored the most goals off corners because we had the most number of corners, maybe someone could back that up?

Yes this was what I was thinking. I think a stat giving conversion rates may be better suited. However, it is good that I am wrong and that we do score quite a few goals from corners.

This is my feeling towards it all

It was a nothing game but if id gone all the way down there and spent £100 on a day out then id be pretty pissed off with the performance

But i think deep down id have been more annoyed with myself in going, knowing that it was going to be a half arsed team playing in a meaningless game which usually equates to a half arsed performance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.