Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Negredo09 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
leewill31 said:
yet we had the highest goals scored from corners last season....

and that is a very strange statistic...it was obvious from a lot of games that our corners were woeful. I remeber Sunderland away where we needed that damn equalizer and had a shitload of corners.

I think that we simply scored the most goals off corners because we had the most number of corners, maybe someone could back that up?

Yes this was what I was thinking. I think a stat giving conversion rates may be better suited. However, it is good that I am wrong and that we do score quite a few goals from corners.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues</a>

I choose to really not read into much from that one. You play such a makeshift back line and you're always likely to be scrambling. Then you're lumping clearances and unable to get the ball to your midfielders, which abandons your strikers and you end up looking very poor. I think our first choice defenders would have allowed us to get a bit more possession to bring our midfielders into the match. Yaya and Fernando were not great, but I think that fewer giveaways and more psosession might have given them a chance to try to deal with being outnumbered.

Really didnt like our formation vs Arsenals packed midfield, not only Cazorla but even Sanchez/Ramsay came deeper a little bit sp it was sometime 5vs our midfield duo, and Yaya was so disinterested so basically 5 vs 1 in midfield. No wonder we struggled to build some attacks apart from Kolarov finding some rare space and he tried to run down and cross.

Our pressing didnt exist amybe that was the plan.

Btw Pelle seems like he really likes the crossing game, would be interesting to see a clear stat on this how much more we cross /per game compared to Mancini years. Vs the Pool game (friendly) it was even more interesting, Navas, Kolarov constantly tried to cross it, certainly we have good strikers and feeding them with chances is a good strategy, more from the wings with crosses rather than tricky trough balls esepcially vs packed midfield or defence.

Unfortunately we couldnt really put the midfield trio into use in any of our pre season games, we really will have some huge games (be less naive, be less open in midfield) when it needs to work perfectly with a Fernando-Fernandinho-Yaya trio, but pre season wasnt ideal to practice it. Wonder will we try it at first only vs Pool in league at home. They have lot of energy, constant running, pressing style, we started slow and a midfield duo at Anfiled and we could have been down to 3-0 very fast...

Not just because of the result but because I just do not get the Community Shield any more, that was my last visit to Wembley for that game. That's all l!!!!!!

Damanino said:
Really didnt like our formation vs Arsenals packed midfield, not only Cazorla but even Sanchez/Ramsay came deeper a little bit sp it was sometime 5vs our midfield duo, and Yaya was so disinterested so basically 5 vs 1 in midfield. No wonder we struggled to build some attacks apart from Kolarov finding some rare space and he tried to run down and cross.

Our pressing didnt exist amybe that was the plan.

Btw Pelle seems like he really likes the crossing game, would be interesting to see a clear stat on this how much more we cross /per game compared to Mancini years. Vs the Pool game (friendly) it was even more interesting, Navas, Kolarov constantly tried to cross it, certainly we have good strikers and feeding them with chances is a good strategy, more from the wings with crosses rather than tricky trough balls esepcially vs packed midfield or defence.

Unfortunately we couldnt really put the midfield trio into use in any of our pre season games, we really will have some huge games (be less naive, be less open in midfield) when it needs to work perfectly with a Fernando-Fernandinho-Yaya trio, but pre season wasnt ideal to practice it. Wonder will we try it at first only vs Pool in league at home. They have lot of energy, constant running, pressing style, we started slow and a midfield duo at Anfiled and we could have been down to 3-0 very fast...

I don't think we will see that midfield trio unless we are away to one of the top 6, at home I think we will see Pellegrini always playing two up top.

What I did see yesterday was that we can't get away with a Yaya-Fernando midfield partnership against the top sides, both for me are not energetic and mobile enough and it amazed me how much we missed Fernandinho's energy yesterday.

Fernando for me is a sweeper/ destroyer and if playing against a top side he needs to be in a three man midfield because I think you can get around his lack of mobility which we suffer with Yaya already, he does read the game well though and is quicker than Garcia.

Really hate it when any 1 player gets singled out for what was a collectively poor performance.
But if anyone on this forum can see anything in Boyata that will one day make him a Premier league CB - could you please let me know?
If we lose Nasty and are relying on him at all this season then we're in trouble. Guy has nothing going for him at all.

bought my ticket, drove down saturday, night in london, i didn't do that to want us to lose, i wanted a win, then i saw the team, no hart, zabaleta, kompany, demichelis, silva, fernandinio, aguerrooooooooo, all 1st team players sorry, CHAMPIONS, saw the centre halfs of boyata and nastasic, never played together other than maybe training, clichy at right back, you just knew against an arsenal side we would struggle and we did, created some decent chances, should have done better, hit the post ( looked like from where i was stood ) another day jovetic could have had a hat-trick, wasn't to be, we're still the champions so come next sunday lets start like champions

I never thought media would be give it such an importance to yesterdays result,but let them be happy and sing all our competeors song and this time we will only be on top for one week and win the title again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.