Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garcia and Barry in Midfield......................no

Play Milner with Barry centrally more energy and pace. Give Sinclair a go out wide.

Golden Balls said:
matty barton said:
Golden Balls said:
interesting that the best looking part of the team you put up is the back 5 who were relatively cheap (same cost as ours more or less)

With your rash and sometimes poor defensive tendencies and well documented difficiencies, I'd be more worried about our front men.

I am. Just interesting to see the back 5 would have been ''affordable'' for us. As long as we are raped y a greedy Yank we can't even dream of signing Dzeko, and Tevez, ut if we had pushed the boat out a few years ago for the cheap Kompany we might have won a few pots before Cesc,Nasri and RvP left. The transfer fee for Kompany would have been covered by the takings of one AFC home game :-(

cookster said:

Play Milner with Barry centrally more energy and pace. Give Sinclair a go out wide.

This game is too big and too important to give Sinclair a run out and risk the chance of him putting in a mediocre shift.

If we are even going to attempt to fill the void that Yaya has left, Barry and Garcia need to be holding with Milner playing in Yaya's more advanced role. He's the most capable to temporarily replace him in that position.

matty barton said:
Golden Balls said:

With your rash and sometimes poor defensive tendencies and well documented difficiencies, I'd be more worried about our front men.

I am. Just interesting to see the back 5 would have been ''affordable'' for us. As long as we are raped y a greedy Yank we can't even dream of signing Dzeko, and Tevez, ut if we had pushed the boat out a few years ago for the cheap Kompany we might have won a few pots before Cesc,Nasri and RvP left. The transfer fee for Kompany would have been covered by the takings of one AFC home game :-(

Arsenal has fostered and cultivated many superstars that originated from young or unknown talents. Sadly for you, that is all Arsenal do and will probably continue to do to fill the piggy bank.

Big name signings are harder to come by now, probably a combination of an unwillgness to spend and reduced pulling power

Golden Balls said:
matty barton said:
Golden Balls said:

Arsenal has fostered and cultivated many superstars that originated from young or unknown talents. Sadly for you, that is all Arsenal do and will probably continue to do to fill the piggy bank.

Big name signings are harder to come by now, probably a combination of an unwillgness to spend and reduced pulling power

pulling power is not the problem - ''come earn 200k a week playing for the most popular club in London'' is an attractive proposition. It would be easier for us than it was for you or Chelski to get the top boys in if the money was right. Arguably even easier than it is for Manyoo.

The only catch is the lack of/unwillingness to spend cash.

The very best players would not go to Arsenal at the moment for footballing reasons

Sam. said:
cookster said:

This game is too big and too important to give Sinclair a run out and risk the chance of him putting in a mediocre shift.

If we are even going to attempt to fill the void that Yaya has left, Barry and Garcia need to be holding with Milner playing in Yaya's more advanced role. He's the most capable to temporarily replace him in that position.
Good post Sam, though I doubt Mancini will trust Milner with that role, he'd play him wide first.

Marvin said:
The very best players would not go to Arsenal at the moment for footballing reasons

Yea, they are going to City for footballing reasons, what an irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.