Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add that I personally have never met a Gooner that I didn't like. If the odd one wants to come on here and spout about our new riches and how we buy there players I just remind them of the times when they were linked with buying Brightwell, Lake and SWP ( and I know none of them went).

Back to Sunday - I fancy our chances for this. I think both sides are moving up the Gears at the moment but our missing faces this weekend will lead to others really stepping up their game.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Just want to add that I personally have never met a Gooner that I didn't like. If the odd one wants to come on here and spout about our new riches and how we buy there players I just remind them of the times when they were linked with buying Brightwell, Lake and SWP ( and I know none of them went).

Back to Sunday - I fancy our chances for this. I think both sides are moving up the Gears at the moment but our missing faces this weekend will lead to others really stepping up their game.

we did buy poor old Tommy Caton (RIP) off you, but you were well compensated with stelar strikers like Quinn and Dickov in return :-)

According to the papers city were offered £2M plus Campbell for Ian Brightwell - £2M was a lot the (circa 1991) and Campbell was a good player - it seemed a bit far fetched.

I expect Arsenal to play for their usual 1-0 with 5 at the back, long balls up to the big man and nick one off a corner.

AFC said:
Blue2112 said:
Ray78 said:
Unfortunately your post has been ignored by the Gooners on here. It is the case of telling them to F**** Off.

I know but there seems to be a few more here now than there was the other day so any new lurkers can be told too ;-)
As an outsider it is difficult to reply to a heartfelt post such as yours post that has been heralded by so many on here when many others are aiming a torrent of abuse towards your fans purely because of statements of a few no-nothings and johnny come latelys. Is it not Arsenal that has provided some well needed respite to you as City fans while standing toe to toe with the "rags" over a few years..including winning the title on their own patch in 2002.

I have seen Arsenal lose at Bradford,Wrexham,York and Walsall(at home) all bottom league clubs and others over the years. Always respected City fans over the years and you like us have had some awful numbers for games between us, I know I was there.

I respect you have no sympathy for our lack of silverware for 7 years, but would ask you to at least spare a thought for the match going fan who has watched his team from the platt lane benches and the lower kippax on a Monday night in the pissing rain as the club he loves further alienates his "Kind" in search of the omni fan that we all despise while still using his blind sense of loyalty to rape him for every penny (£62 minimum for us on Sunday as well)he earns and more and using not to invest in his beloved club but to escalate shareholders profits.

Win Lose or Draw I will drop by here on Monday

Regards & Respect
The Arsenal team (The Invincibles) for me were a joy to watch. Some of the football played in your title winning season(s) was fantastic. Thierry Henry in his prime gave me nightmares against City. But the general consensus is Gooners hate us more now because we have a rich owner prepared to spend money, and we have robbed a few players of Arsenal in the past few years, that would piss me off if it were reversed.

MadchesterCity said:
110113183026.png

My thinking exactly.

Time after time against Arsenal, we fail to pressurize, penetrate and ultimately create the goal scoring chances which we need. The last time we totally outclassed and demolished Arsenal was that 4-1 encounter at the Etihad when Adebayour infamously streaked 100m for his celebration.

Apart from that, it seems to me that a 1-0 is the preferred outcome. Etihad last season and this season is no different. Why are we struggling against them? Mancini needs to get his tactics spot on and show some variety to our normal style of play that has seen us struggle year in, year out.

This means keeping Balotelli on the bench. He is enigmatic, but has had little football and will lack the match fitness we need up front to press the Arsenal backline for sustained periods. I want to see the above team sheet, with Dzeko leading the line and silva and tevez allowed the space to ghost in behind.

I believe this will provide us with added variety in the form of our shape. We have sufficient defensive cover and the potential for Milner to spray cross field passes (if he is on form) to Zaba and Clichy on either flank. This will shift the Arsenal defenders wider which will hopefully create the space for silva/tevez centrally.

In this formation, Milner also has the potential to run forward to create an overload on their central defenders. Albeit a minor adjustment, could be a nice change and added dimension to finally perform well!

Starting 11 for me -

Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
Garcia-Barry
Milner-Tevez-Silva
Dzeko

Golden Balls said:
MadchesterCity said:

My thinking exactly.

Time after time against Arsenal, we fail to pressurize, penetrate and ultimately create the goal scoring chances which we need. The last time we totally outclassed and demolished Arsenal was that 4-1 encounter at the Etihad when Adebayour infamously streaked 100m for his celebration.

Apart from that, it seems to me that a 1-0 is the preferred outcome. Etihad last season and this season is no different. Why are we struggling against them? Mancini needs to get his tactics spot on and show some variety to our normal style of play that has seen us struggle year in, year out.

This means keeping Balotelli on the bench. He is enigmatic, but has had little football and will lack the match fitness we need up front to press the Arsenal backline for sustained periods. I want to see the above team sheet, with Dzeko leading the line and silva and tevez allowed the space to ghost in behind.

I believe this will provide us with added variety in the form of our shape. We have sufficient defensive cover and the potential for Milner to spray cross field passes (if he is on form) to Zaba and Clichy on either flank. This will shift the Arsenal defenders wider which will hopefully create the space for silva/tevez centrally.

In this formation, Milner also has the potential to run forward to create an overload on their central defenders. Albeit a minor adjustment, could be a nice change and added dimension to finally perform well!

4-2 actually - interesting that the best looking part of the team you put up is the back 5 who were relatively cheap (same cost as ours more or less)

This fixture brings back horrid memories from last season, when all seemed lost.

Dunno if anyone has already posted it but who remembers our mate gooney?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=208252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=208252</a>

This thread is found in the classics section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.