Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Wilshere will become dazed and confused by our one-pace midfield which will lead to errors in their defence and we will triumph 0 - 2!!! "Sorry I just woke up, had a right bizarre dream"

I think Mario should start rather than Edin.

The reason for this is that I think Mertesacker would match up to Edin, but he would have a lot more trouble with Balo's greater agility.

The real battle will be how we control Wilshire, Cazorla and Arteta. If we play both GazBaz and Garcia we will have a real problem containing their movement. I think we need to drop Jimmy back into the holding role with Gaz.

sam-caddick said:
I really don't see how we can play both Barry and Garcia together in midfield, that pairing is very laboured and will get overrun by most top teams who like to pass the ball about with pacy players.

I can see Mancini sacrificing a striker tomorrow and playing three in midfield with just one up top, he will go for workrate rather rather than attempting beautiful football.

At the end of the day though we have to win, if United win and we set up for a draw, we are pretty much playing to give United the title.
How can we sacrifice a striker? Its impossible for us not to play 2 strikers

lionheart said:
antspider said:
Went to the bookies this morning, got great odds for us to win 1.0 and Hart to score the first goal
Hardly surprising. The booky must have been as happy as Larry.
Whooooooosh,<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:49 am --<br /><br />
corky1970 said:
we going to get twatted
Man up.

As I said earlier in the thread I think it would be madness to play Garcia and Barry, just too slow against Arsenal.

I'd surprise them with Balo out left, Dzeko up top with Carlos sat behind. Let Jimmy and Barry sit in front of defence.

Manchester1894 said:
More pressure on Arsenal imo. A bad loss would destroy them. They are fragile at the min.
With Spurs & Everton dropping points I think the pressure will have eased for them.

Chelsea thumping Stoke and the rags beating Liverpool will heap pressure on us.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
As I said earlier in the thread I think it would be madness to play Garcia and Barry, just too slow against Arsenal.

I'd surprise them with Balo out left, Dzeko up top with Carlos sat behind. Let Jimmy and Barry sit in front of defence.
Sadly I am resigned to seeing Cazorla taking the piss out of Garcia :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.