Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper, with their injuries and form we should win. As long as we approach game in a single minded fashion as we have done against Hull and the Rags can't see anything other than three points, but been following City long enough to know that sometimes things don't always go to plan. (whisper it only typical city) :-)

ElanJo said:
If Podolski plays on the left we should overload that side because he offers absolutely nothing defensively.

Plus Verymelon will play left CB and he's dodgy

Really hope Nasri scores
A Nasri winner would be beautiful indeed

Quagmire blue said:
ElanJo said:
If Podolski plays on the left we should overload that side because he offers absolutely nothing defensively.

Really hope Nasri scores

fanscity.gif

RightTurnClyde said:
Quagmire blue said:
ElanJo said:

Really hope Nasri scores

fanscity.gif
I was wondering when that gif would come out! Yoo facking cant! Hold me back bruv! Hold me back!

Chippy_boy said:
BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
No room for any complacency whatsoever on our part - this will be a much more difficult game than the rags on Tuesday, much more difficult.

I think the performance against the rags should ease any lingering fears about complacency. Yes Arsenal will be a difficult game. But judging by our form, their form, and the way the reverse fixture went, this game is one I think we'll win.

I think we will as well, but it's not guaranteed, not by any means. Yes Giroud is a bit of a donkey but he still managed to give us a scare or two at our place.

And slightly OT perhaps, I was not completely blown away by how well we played on Tuesday. The first 15 minutes were amazing, granted. But for the last 20-25 minutes of the 2nd half we let a truly dreadful united side get right back into it. Had bog brush not fired his chance straight at Hart it could easily have been all square going into the break, which would have been a travesty really.

We can't afford such lapses agains top teams. Arsenal will probably not be strong enough to take advantage, but Liverpool might and in the CL again next year, other teams will. We need to go for it from the start and keep the pressure on full until games are properly put to bed.
When you are away, in the PL especially (mush more competitive than other leagues), the home team will almost always have some sort of period of pressure, some people on here get worried about our team just cause the opposition has one shot on target. It is rare to play away and dominate the match 100%.

NoahCity said:
Chippy_boy said:
BillyShears said:
I think the performance against the rags should ease any lingering fears about complacency. Yes Arsenal will be a difficult game. But judging by our form, their form, and the way the reverse fixture went, this game is one I think we'll win.

I think we will as well, but it's not guaranteed, not by any means. Yes Giroud is a bit of a donkey but he still managed to give us a scare or two at our place.

And slightly OT perhaps, I was not completely blown away by how well we played on Tuesday. The first 15 minutes were amazing, granted. But for the last 20-25 minutes of the 2nd half we let a truly dreadful united side get right back into it. Had bog brush not fired his chance straight at Hart it could easily have been all square going into the break, which would have been a travesty really.

We can't afford such lapses agains top teams. Arsenal will probably not be strong enough to take advantage, but Liverpool might and in the CL again next year, other teams will. We need to go for it from the start and keep the pressure on full until games are properly put to bed.
When you are away, in the PL especially (mush more competitive than other leagues), the home team will almost always have some sort of period of pressure, some people on here get worried about our team just cause the opposition has one shot on target. It is rare to play away and dominate the match 100%.
It's rare to play at home and dominate a match 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.