Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matchgoer and fellow blues, please help/advise:

1. Live in London and just got offered 2 seats for my Mrs and I to sit in the Arse home stands for the game (a colleague who can't make it). Will we be okay? I'm a little nervouse about aggression froom their fans.
Can anyone who has been to Emirates advise?
Maybe no City gear (and no celebrations when we score:))?

2. Where are the City fans meeting for drinks beforehand?

Some people being WAY too confident for this game imho. Yes they are without key players, and yes on paper we should have the beating of them.

But Arsenal always play the same way no matter who's on the team sheet - lots of movement and fast passing and they are more than capable of giving us a scare, especially at home. No room for any complacency whatsoever on our part - this will be a much more difficult game than the rags on Tuesday, much more difficult.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Whatever, Chelsea has been pretty injury-free and Liverpool's record is downright supernatural (has Suarez missed a single league game?).

The only reason I know the answer to this is that while they were talking about how great Suarez was, they said that he has missed 6 league games. I don't remember him not playing.

I'm holding on to hope that this summer they lose their coach and then they get wore out next year having to play so many more matches. I think they've stayed healthy simply because the lack of competitions this season. Throw in Champions League and likely better performances in Capital One and FA Cups and they will likely suffer like the rest of the top teams.

Chippy_boy said:
No room for any complacency whatsoever on our part - this will be a much more difficult game than the rags on Tuesday, much more difficult.

I think the performance against the rags should ease any lingering fears about complacency. Yes Arsenal will be a difficult game. But judging by our form, their form, and the way the reverse fixture went, this game is one I think we'll win.

Normally I don't expect us to get anything from Arsenal away, but the way things have gone this past week or 2 I've never been so confident. It will still be a tough game, but they're missing so many key players and I just can't see us losing. A draw won't be a bad result but a win would be a huge step towards another title.

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
No room for any complacency whatsoever on our part - this will be a much more difficult game than the rags on Tuesday, much more difficult.

I think the performance against the rags should ease any lingering fears about complacency. Yes Arsenal will be a difficult game. But judging by our form, their form, and the way the reverse fixture went, this game is one I think we'll win.

I think we will as well, but it's not guaranteed, not by any means. Yes Giroud is a bit of a donkey but he still managed to give us a scare or two at our place.

And slightly OT perhaps, I was not completely blown away by how well we played on Tuesday. The first 15 minutes were amazing, granted. But for the last 20-25 minutes of the 2nd half we let a truly dreadful united side get right back into it. Had bog brush not fired his chance straight at Hart it could easily have been all square going into the break, which would have been a travesty really.

We can't afford such lapses agains top teams. Arsenal will probably not be strong enough to take advantage, but Liverpool might and in the CL again next year, other teams will. We need to go for it from the start and keep the pressure on full until games are properly put to bed.

we've got a job to do so im sure the lads will be professional and hopefully get the 3 points and job done!

I like to think our back four will contain arsenal, and then it's just a question of whether edin's in the mood or if alvaro is in any kind of form

Pokes28 said:
Whatever, Chelsea has been pretty injury-free and Liverpool's record is downright supernatural (has Suarez missed a single league game?).

The only reason I know the answer to this is that while they were talking about how great Suarez was, they said that he has missed 6 league games. I don't remember him not playing.

He was banned, remember?

Chippy_boy said:
Pokes28 said:

He was banned, remember?

Good job he was as well or else the dippers would probably have had the league sewn up by now. He would of been the difference in those early games they had against Swansea and Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.