Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy
Sagna* Kompany* Nasty Kolarov
Yaya Fernando
Navas Jovetic Nasri
Dzeko

*If fit enough

jared said:
super_city_si said:
A bit worrying that our main centre backs haven't seen a minute of game time and we only have one more game before the season opener. I know they have 2 weeks of training but its not quite the same.
We have enough CBs to give our WC players more time. It's going to be a long season so not wise to rush them back. I mean the ones who have played far into the knockout stages. That's why we have a big squad.
I don't think we do. Kompany, demichelis and mangala are our main 3. Non of these have match time. Nastasic I rate as our 4th and I imagine will partner kompany so hopefully we're ok but I wouldn't want boyata anywhere near a prem league match.

jared said:
super_city_si said:
A bit worrying that our main centre backs haven't seen a minute of game time and we only have one more game before the season opener. I know they have 2 weeks of training but its not quite the same.
We have enough CBs to give our WC players more time. It's going to be a long season so not wise to rush them back. I mean the ones who have played far into the knockout stages. That's why we have a big squad.
I don't think we do. Kompany, demichelis and mangala are our main 3. Non of these have match time. Nastasic I rate as our 4th and I imagine will partner kompany so hopefully we're ok but I wouldn't want boyata anywhere near a prem league match.

It's easy to start putting down best XI's or players based on reputation but I genuinely think Pellegrini will pick a team based on fitness and form most importantly.

I think Vinny will play but not for the full 90. He can't come back, have a weeks training and play a 90 minute cup final.

---------------Hart/Caballero---------------
Clichy--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
-------------Fernando--Yaya----------------
Navas------------Jovetic-----Silva/Nasri
---------------------Dzeko---------------------

That's how I think Manuel might set us up.

sam-caddick said:
It's easy to start putting down best XI's or players based on reputation but I genuinely think Pellegrini will pick a team based on fitness and form most importantly.

I think Vinny will play but not for the full 90. He can't come back, have a weeks training and play a 90 minute cup final.

---------------Hart/Caballero---------------
Clichy--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
-------------Fernando--Yaya----------------
Navas------------Jovetic-----Silva/Nasri
---------------------Dzeko---------------------

That's how I think Manuel might set us up.
I agree. Players like Navas, Fernando and Jovetic have had a full pre season and are in great condition and form. He'll play these players for the first few games giving the others (Aguero, silva, fernandinho) time to get up to speed. Once they come in these players can get a rest and almost work it on a cycle. I think we'll see good utilization of squad rotation this year.

Basically a friendly with a reward at the end but I hope we knock Grand Mere Arsene's boys dicks in the dirt!! Tarquins seem to think they might get 1st place instead of their usual 4th place trophy. I'd love to set the tone straight away and piss in their Weetabix from the start.

Kompany is naturally fit can't see to many problems with asking him to play unlike Demi who needs games or can make a mess of anything.

Willy
Clichy
Kompany
Nastasic
Kolarov
Fernando
Yaya
Navas
Jovetic
Silva/Nasri
Dzeko

If our main CB's are not back next week we will struggle against Arsenals pace and movement.

Surely Kompany has to play a game before the season starts though?

I expect all of the players that haven't played yet to feature, unless injured.

Its a pre season match. Its purpose is to get them match fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.