Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
It's not a game that I am that interested in, it's just a pre season friendly, having said that I can't wait for the season to start

I agree it's the Media that has hyped up this game over the last 10 years the scum even count it in there trophy haul! Personally it's a glorified Friendly

It's an important trophy that I want us to win.

Unless we lose, then it's a glorified friendly.

BlueAnorak said:
City will play the game as a friendly, Arsenal won't so City will probably lose.
Forking out the best part of £80 to see a half hearted City performance (as per the rag shield 2 seasons ago) is just not good enough and is the main reason I'm not going to be honest.
City didn't try much against Chelsea either - but nor did they at Villa park - but that was a lot cheaper so I didn't mind too much.

If City could prove to me they will try then may be I will bother next-time.
ah City made you upset because they didn't try , ah didums , poor superfan, no-one gives a shit whether you go or not . Plenty of fans will be there . The most pathetic post on the subject goes to you , well done.

Good opportunity for a PROPER warm up game.

The season will be upon us before we know it and with our fixture list there's no opportunity to slowly ramp up to full competitiveness - we have to be right at it, right from the 1st game. In a way we certainly have not been in any of the pre-season friendlies.

We should field the full A team for this match and give it the full welly.

J_Bow said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I'd be amazed if Kompany, Demichelis etc don't play a part. It is after all just a friendly, and they need some football to get back into the swing of things. They should be in good condition, the World Cup hasn't long been finished. So just a bit of game time v Arsenal, plus 2 weeks of training and there's no reason why they shouldn't be ready for Newcastle. I'd let Aguero have a longer break though, to help put these injuries behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyata/Rekik & Nasty play in the CS. I think Manuel will want to give the returning WC stars another week or two to get their fitness into shape. Hopefully giving Serg an extra week or two, we can survive with Jovetic and Edin.
Give them an extra week or two to get fit? No chance.
Given our defensive performances in America are you suggesting no Vinny or Mich against Newcastle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.