Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice to see some resemblance to the first team squad for this game. A win would be nice but the result is not really that important.

Rammyblues said:
Be nice to see some resemblance to the first team squad for this game. A win would be nice but the result is not really that important.
pretty much agree.

cant wait to get ready for the game

I'd be amazed if Kompany, Demichelis etc don't play a part. It is after all just a friendly, and they need some football to get back into the swing of things. They should be in good condition, the World Cup hasn't long been finished. So just a bit of game time v Arsenal, plus 2 weeks of training and there's no reason why they shouldn't be ready for Newcastle. I'd let Aguero have a longer break though, to help put these injuries behind him.

City will play the game as a friendly, Arsenal won't so City will probably lose.
Forking out the best part of £80 to see a half hearted City performance (as per the rag shield 2 seasons ago) is just not good enough and is the main reason I'm not going to be honest.
City didn't try much against Chelsea either - but nor did they at Villa park - but that was a lot cheaper so I didn't mind too much.

If City could prove to me they will try then may be I will bother next-time.

Tricky_Trev said:
I'd be amazed if Kompany, Demichelis etc don't play a part. It is after all just a friendly, and they need some football to get back into the swing of things. They should be in good condition, the World Cup hasn't long been finished. So just a bit of game time v Arsenal, plus 2 weeks of training and there's no reason why they shouldn't be ready for Newcastle. I'd let Aguero have a longer break though, to help put these injuries behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyata/Rekik & Nasty play in the CS. I think Manuel will want to give the returning WC stars another week or two to get their fitness into shape. Hopefully giving Serg an extra week or two, we can survive with Jovetic and Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.