Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't arsed about this game until Wenger took another snide dig at our club. Hope we fucking smash the twats now.

Still not arsed! Just excited for the upcoming season. I think it's going to be the best yet. With 5 teams having a legitimate shot at the title. I like it

sam-caddick said:
It's interesting seeing that Arsenal have only played three pre-season friendlies going into this game and two of them have been at The Emirates this weekend, us on the other hand are going into this game having played six friendlies with 4 of them in different parts of America so I am intrigued to see how both sides play.

I actually think had we made the final tomorrow against United it might have been a game too far. A derby two days after a game with the Community Shield against Arsenal less than a week later, I think that's too much for pre-season.

Jovetic and Navas have to start because those two have been the outstanding attacking players in the past few weeks.

I think Clichy will play right back because Sagna will have only been back a week, and despite him as well only going to be back a week prior to the game I think Kompany will play but not for 90 mins, I don't see us winning with one of the defensive partnership we have seen during pre-season.

I take the view that Jovetic and Navas don't need to start, because they don't need the game time as much as other players (although Jovetic will probably play because Negredo and Aguero aren't fit) . And Sagna's need to play is greater than Clichy's. The main problem Pellegrini has is that a number of players that need game time play in the same position. Juggling Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Managala, Demichellis will be tricky. Ideally Pellegrini wouldn't want to use all of his substitutions on defensive players.

But the game should be used purely as preparation for the PL season. The result is irrelevant.

RandomJ said:
I wasn't arsed about this game until Wenger took another snide dig at our club. Hope we fucking smash the twats now.

Is fat Frank eligible to play? It would be great if he came on as a last minute sub and scored the winner. I can see Wenger's face now.

Just to let you know MCFC support have tweeted pubs to shut an hour before the game and no pubs showing the game in vicinity of the stadium, best gets some tinnies then.

Honestly don't understand the ones who say it is not an important match or the result doesn't matter. It's probably the same people saying the League Cup is of no importance. Well, when we played Sunderland at Wembley last year I'm sure there were thousands of fans that envied us and Sunderland on the day. As there will be thousands who envy us this Sunday as well.

Ok, it's less important than the League Cup, FA Cup, PL-title or CL. Yet it is the 1st official prize of the 2014-15 season in a match played at Wembley where the two teams who won the most major prizes last season kick off the new season. I do reckognize the 1st PL-game at Newcastle will be of more importance, but that's how far it goes for me. And Arsenal is one of 4 teams I want us to beat them forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.