Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see this as a trophy, it's more than a friendly IMO, its about mindset, if we hammer them, it can easily inspire us at the start of the season. We shouldn't be turning our nose up at an oppurtunity to win silverware befoee the season has even started.

Rammyblues said:
I am a sentimental old fool but to wish Micah well and thank him for his years at the club

..............................Willy

Richards........Kompany............Nastisic.........Kolorov

Navas...........Yaya..............Fernando........Nasri

...................Dzeko............Jovetic

Give Richards the armband. Give him 45 mins replace him with Sagna, Navas with Milner and Nasri with Silva.
I'm also a sentimental old fart. Nice idea that.

LoveCity said:
To those who say it means nothing - why do clubs like United display it in their trophy cabinet and put it on their honours list, unlike pre-season tournament cups?

Major or not, it IS an honour and worth winning. I'm sure we'll field a strong team, I just hope we have one of our experienced defenders in the team. A Kompany/Nastasic pair would be good if Demi isn't ready (he finished the World Cup later than Kompany). Please just keep Rekik and Boyata out of the team. One isn't ready yet for a game like this, the other never will be.

Yep the scum do count it! Does City? personally for me it has always been a glorified friendly must be my age..

MAN CITY -V- ARSENAL @ WEMBLEY AUG 10th @ 3pm

TO ALL MAN CITY FANS... In case ye have never been here before I would like to tell ye about our pub. HENNESSYS KINGSBURY is the closest stop to Wembley on the Jubilee Line (grey line), it is only 2 mins away. We are located just a few doors down from the left of Kingsbury Station. We can cater for large groups if booked, as we have a large function room upstairs. In total we can hold up to 500 people. Children are welcome!! We are well used to football fans as we are full EVERY game day @ Wembley.. coaches are welcome but please inform us in advance.

We do not put up our prices on match days like the pubs in Wembley do nor do we have an entry charge!! We will also be open @ 9am!

For those of ye coming down on Saturday Night we have Live Music from 8:30pm followed by a DJ til 2.30am and on Sunday we will have LIVE MUSIC from 6-9pm. Any questions please feel free to send us a message here, on facebook or by ringing 0208-204-3377

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/hennessys.kingsbury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/hennessys.kingsbury</a>

Looking forward to seeing ye :)
Michelle
(Manager)

HENNESSYS
545 KINGSBURY ROAD
KINGSBURY
LONDON
NW9 9EL

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
I still see this as a trophy, it's more than a friendly IMO, its about mindset, if we hammer them, it can easily inspire us at the start of the season. We shouldn't be turning our nose up at an oppurtunity to win silverware befoee the season has even started.

I agree, start as you mean to go on. Besides, that ticket cost me £35, let's humiliate them in their own town! Haha

ballinio said:
BlueAnorak said:
City will play the game as a friendly, Arsenal won't so City will probably lose.
Forking out the best part of £80 to see a half hearted City performance (as per the rag shield 2 seasons ago) is just not good enough and is the main reason I'm not going to be honest.
City didn't try much against Chelsea either - but nor did they at Villa park - but that was a lot cheaper so I didn't mind too much.

If City could prove to me they will try then may be I will bother next-time.
ah City made you upset because they didn't try , ah didums , poor superfan, no-one gives a shit whether you go or not . Plenty of fans will be there . The most pathetic post on the subject goes to you , well done.

I'm really pleased that you're loaded and can afford to pay to watch any City game. Well done. Shame you're arrogant with it.

BlueAnorak said:
ballinio said:
BlueAnorak said:
City will play the game as a friendly, Arsenal won't so City will probably lose.
Forking out the best part of £80 to see a half hearted City performance (as per the rag shield 2 seasons ago) is just not good enough and is the main reason I'm not going to be honest.
City didn't try much against Chelsea either - but nor did they at Villa park - but that was a lot cheaper so I didn't mind too much.

If City could prove to me they will try then may be I will bother next-time.
ah City made you upset because they didn't try , ah didums , poor superfan, no-one gives a shit whether you go or not . Plenty of fans will be there . The most pathetic post on the subject goes to you , well done.

I'm really pleased that you're loaded and can afford to pay to watch any City game. Well done. Shame you're arrogant with it.
peasant.

ballinio said:
BlueAnorak said:
ballinio said:

peasant.

Youre well out of order pal with a comment like that.

FantasyIreland said:
ballinio said:
BlueAnorak said:
peasant.

Youre well out of order pal with a comment like that.
arrogant is worse I think.
What did you think of the original post btw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.