Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Only just come back.
So have Sagna, Demichelis and Kompany, but you still pick them? How dare you be so harsh on poor David!
Because we have no other options.

Drop Sagna and we have to play a tired Zab, drop Kompany and we have to play Boyata, drop Demichelis and we have to play Rekik.

I would imagine Clichy will start RB, with Sagna coming on in the second half

Kompany will start, probably alongside Rekik or Nastasic

I'm sure Dave will play some part but to not have him in the squad at all is a little bit far fetched

Just booked my ticket, category 2 block 111..... If anyone wants to know, the person from ticket office said it was the last category 2 ticket and now there is only limited category 1 tickets available

Tricky_Trev said:
Only just come back.
So have Sagna, Demichelis and Kompany, but you still pick them? How dare you be so harsh on poor David!

Drop Sagna and we have to play a tired Zab, drop Kompany and we have to play Boyata, drop Demichelis and we have to play Rekik.

Why shouldn't Richards play?

Luck95 said:
Just booked my ticket, category 2 block 111..... If anyone wants to know, the person from ticket office said it was the last category 2 ticket and now there is only limited category 1 tickets available

swathes of them available on the online planner.

BlueSiam said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Why shouldn't Richards play?

Because he isn't very good

fathellensbellend said:
Luck95 said:

oh, well strange thing for her to say !

fathellensbellend said:
Luck95 said:

Aye, they've put level 5 back on sale now, the tossers. Why can't they just let people choose where they want to sit instead of this fannying around?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'd go with:

Hart (45 mins)

Clichy (45 mins)
Kompany
Nastasic
Kolarov

Fernando
Yaya Toure (45 mins)

Navas
Milner

Jovetic
Dzeko.

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Aguero.

Let Clichy play against their stars at the start as he's fitter, may nullify them better. Sagna, Caballero and Fernandinho on at half-time, with maybe Nasri on for Milner, then pick 2 from Silva, Aguero and Demi to come on, most likely Demi and Silva, to come on depending on how fit they are and the others. That's what I'd try and done, start with guys I think could well start against Newc, rather than bench them in favour of starting our stars, maybe overworking them in the process and not giving our starters for the season enough game time. I'd ease our stars in to try and stop them overworking early and getting injured.

This is the perfect game to ease our stars in. We can, and should, use all 6 substitutions. So most of the returning players can get some managed game time. If they don't play on Sunday then the defenders at least will play their first game needing to do the full 90 mins.

I don't really think its a problem bringing back those players that featured in the latter stages of the WC. They've effectively had 3-4 weeks rest and have 1-2 weeks to prepare for the Newcastle game, including the chance of 45 mins in the Arsenal game. If they picked up an injury in mid season and were absent for 3-4 weeks they would usually be back into the team after 1-2 weeks training. The issue for someone like Zabaleta isn't bringing him back too soon, its managing his workload over the season as a whole. Often players that feature in a summer tournament start the season better than those players that have an extended break. Unfortunately they tend to run out of steam later in the season. But with the depth we now have in our squad we should be able to manage the workload of the WC players to minimise that.

Hart
Sagna 45 (clichy)
Kompany 45 (boyata)
Nastatic
Kolarov
Navas 60 (Milner)
Yaya 60 (fernandinho)
Fernando
Silva 45 (Nasri)
Jovetic
Dzeko 60 (aguero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.