Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Sagna 45 (clichy)
Kompany 45 (boyata)
Nastatic
Kolarov
Navas 60 (Milner)
Yaya 60 (fernandinho)
Fernando
Silva 45 (Nasri)
Jovetic
Dzeko 60 (aguero)

Is it 6 subs only I would want to play 2 different teams if possible

hart

zabba
kompany
demichellis
kolarov

fernando
yaya
navas
nasri

jovetic
dzeko

2nd half

caballero

sagna
clichy
boyata
nastatic

fernandinho
garcia
Milner
silva

aguero
guddetti

uwe rosler 28 said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Sagna 45 (clichy)
Kompany 45 (boyata)
Nastatic
Kolarov
Navas 60 (Milner)
Yaya 60 (fernandinho)
Fernando
Silva 45 (Nasri)
Jovetic
Dzeko 60 (aguero)

Is it 6 subs only I would want to play 2 different teams if possible

hart

zabba
kompany
demichellis
kolarov

fernando
yaya
navas
nasri

jovetic
dzeko

2nd half

caballero

sagna
clichy
boyata
nastatic

fernandinho
garcia
Milner
silva

aguero
guddetti
Yes only 6 subs. It's very concerning our starting back 4 only playing for 45 minutes before a new season. We've never had this problem before.

According to training reports, VK, MDM and PZ have not even started training yet. Arsenal seem to be missing their german players so it could be high scoring.

Defenders available

Sagna
Boyata
Clichy
Kolorov
Nastisic
Boyata,

All coming up against Chamberlain and Sanchez.

Got to go with the best available

Sagna, Boyata Nastisic Clichy (only to counteract the pace of Sanchez or Chamberlain)

Rammyblues said:
According to training reports, VK, MDM and PZ have not even started training yet. Arsenal seem to be missing their german players so it could be high scoring.

Defenders available

Sagna
Boyata
Clichy
Kolorov
Nastisic
Boyata,

All coming up against Chamberlain and Sanchez.

Got to go with the best available

Sagna, Boyata Nastisic Clichy (only to counteract the pace of Sanchez or Chamberlain)

Twin brother?

I doubt Pellegrini will use this game as a fitness exercise for a few newcomers, if they are fit to play a half then maybe but he will see this as a trophy to win in my opinion and not glorified friendly.

It does look like Kompany and Demichelis won't be fit to play so it does look like it will be a Boyata and Nastasic partnership, if so Clichy and Kolarov have to start to give us some stability.

I don't think giving Sagna Arsenal away at Wembley as his first game for City the wisest thing to do.

Rammyblues said:
Well done for spotting my deliberate mistake, just checking to see who reads my posts, that is all. :-)
Not on, you had me thinking that it was possible to have two Boyatas one the pitch!
;)

sam-caddick said:
I doubt Pellegrini will use this game as a fitness exercise for a few newcomers, if they are fit to play a half then maybe but he will see this as a trophy to win in my opinion and not glorified friendly.

It does look like Kompany and Demichelis won't be fit to play so it does look like it will be a Boyata and Nastasic partnership, if so Clichy and Kolarov have to start to give us some stability.

I don't think giving Sagna Arsenal away at Wembley as his first game for City the wisest thing to do.

The number of half fit or unavailable players on both sides means that it can only be regarded as a not so glorified friendly. The Community Shield is fairly meaningless at the best of times, following a World Cup its completely devoid of any significance. This one is even less prestigious than that Guinness Intergalactic thingummyjib

Just give as many of the returning players as possible a bit of a run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.